Fluval Vista 8.5 Gallon

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jag51186

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So, my lovely wife got me this tank for Christmas to be my shrimp tank! She's definitely a keeper. Anyway, it came with an LED light built into the hood...the stats on it are as follows 4.2 watts, 700 lumens, and 8000K temp range.

Measurements of the tank are 20x10x13 inches.

Now, I'm not sure on scape or anything yet since it's a shrimp tank it will definitely have a bunch of moss.

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with this light, as to what level of lighting it provides. I'm assuming low light, but hoping for better.

Hey!

I saw this tank in the store today.
I'm liking the gradual dimming lights as well as the night lights.
My fish skit out, when the light abruptly turns off. Nice touch.

I currently have three poor tetras in a 2.5 Gallon tank. (l didn't do homework to say the least and some lacky at a pet smart told me this was fine enough for them) But I've made leaps and bounds in educating myself (so please don't judge me).
Also doing what I can to keep them happy in that space while I find something slightly bigger.

Don't want anything too big, but just enough so they can be happier and I can feel less guilty. Haha.

Impressed by Fluval so far with it's easy maintenance.
My Fluval 2.5 would be perfect for shrimp or snails, if I had the chance to go back now.

Would love to hear any details on lights as well. Can you switch it out for a brighter bulb maybe?
Could I set up a timer to this thing still? Are the light chords separate from the filter unit?

Hope everything works out!

I've got the Vista 16g.

Has been up and running for 4 months now.

Successfully growing 5 different types of Anubias, java moss, java ferns, broadleaf chain swords and some banana lillies.

Not using CO2.

Daily dosing Flourish comp and Excel. Root tabs for swords. Weekly 20-30% WC's.

Stocking neons, cardinals, school of cory's and platys.

I added a Current USA single ramp unit so that I can ramp the lights up and down over a 15 minute period.

Not using the blue moon light at all unless we have people over for dinner - looks 'cool' :)

The tank has proven to be great.

Using an AQ 30 as the sole filter and it handles the tank and inhabitants fine.

AJmdRGG.jpg

Does anyone have any updates?

I recently bought this tank and thought it would be perfect for a low light planted tank.  I wish I had paid more attention to the light!  It was quite dim and when I contacted Fluval to find out which light to use to swap out was told I can't as it is a permanent fixture.  They also told me it is not a good light for any kind of live plant.  Furthermore when I contacted the store I got it from they have a no refund/exchange policy.  Of course.  Perfect.  I have considered removing the top rim but am not sure I am ready for that project.  I have even considered moving it to an area where it would get *some* light from a window but know that is probably a bad idea.

Thoughts?  ideas?  How have your tanks turned out?  

WarwickL; Your tank looks great!  Are your plants still thriving??

THANKS!

Everything thriving. Java ferns and moss going crazy. Broadleaf chain swords spreading. Anubias all doing well. Banana plants also thriving.
8921a1623ceba6d5afbd2cd424da2eb0.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back