Fluval Vicenza 350 Pipe Size

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dave_m13

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi

Does anyone on here have the fluval vicenza 350 or any of the vicenza range? I am wondering what size are the pipe connectors that run from the filter to tank. I'd rather use my other filter if I decided to get one, the pipe is 16mm, would this fit.

Thanks
Dave

I don't have a vicenza but I have a fluval 305.

The main issue with the hosing is that it's ribbed, I know 16mm smooth hosing from other filters certainly fits onto the 305 and 405 (what the vicenza 350 comes with), but I'm not sure if it works the other way. I think the ribbed hose is 17mm on the inside.

I cant see any reason why it wouldn't though, but it depends on the connectors on your existing filter. What filter is it? Probably worth saying and asking other users of it if it would be able to take ribbed hosing.

Thanks, Its a Tetratec 1200, been very good since i got it so would rather have this.

So would anyone know whether a ribbed hose from a 405 would fit onto the tetratec 1200.

I cannot see why it wouldn't but anyone have any info would be great

Thanks, Its a Tetratec 1200, been very good since i got it so would rather have this.

So would anyone know whether a ribbed hose from a 405 would fit onto the tetratec 1200.

If you don't get a responce, I will try fitting the fluval hosing to my EX1200 at my next water change on wednesday. I know the strait hose can be used on the fluvals if you use jubilee clips, so I don't see there being an issue fitting strait hoses to the tank. I don't run this tank mind and have never even seen one in the flesh so to speak, so please don't tank my word for it.

All the best
Rabbut

If you don't get a responce, I will try fitting the fluval hosing to my EX1200 at my next water change on wednesday. I know the strait hose can be used on the fluvals if you use jubilee clips, so I don't see there being an issue fitting strait hoses to the tank. I don't run this tank mind and have never even seen one in the flesh so to speak, so please don't tank my word for it.

All the best
Rabbut

Hi Rabbut

Did you get to test the fluval hosing? If not would anyone else know.

Thanks
Dave

i have connected Fluval hosing onto a EX1200 before, can get u a picture if you like???

i have connected Fluval hosing onto a EX1200 before, can get u a picture if you like???

Yeah that would be great if you could.

If it fits fine then I am pretty sure the connector will fit on to the Venezia corner tank, rather use my EX1200 than the fluval 405 they provide with the tank.

Many Thanks

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back