Fluval Roma 200

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

lewis burnett

Reaction score
Hi everyone i want to buy a fluval roma 200. It looks good but was wondering does anyone have this and is it a good choice. Also would a tetratec ex700 fit in to it.

THANKS PLEASE REPLY

i have one

the tank is ok, bit difficult to get to thru the hood as its in 3 parts, the stands are made of cardboard ( not really they may as well be)

they are ok for the money i spose but if your budget allows i would go for a juwel, its a piece of furnature rather than just a tank on a stand

ex 700 would be fine on it, it has space for the piped pre cut, tho they are quite small so you may have to cut some more, but it wouldnt damage as its a single bit of plastic that i think that have put there with externals in mind :)

if you could get a 2nd hand one then good, i paid £240 for mine and would deffo not do it again

Hiya

I bought one with the cabinet for £300, and assembled it last weekend, the cabinet went together really easily and feels pretty solid, I love the shape of the tank after coming from a tall Aqua One Regency 80, the lights are so much better than my last tank - I really like it. Not sure about the filter you mention but I have a Aquis CF 1000 running in it, I just cut out the bits on the back of the tank for the inlet and outlet tubes and they fit fine. All has been great with it so far, although I have heard a few people mention about doors sticking, but mine has been fine so far (1 week and counting!) Here is a small piccy of it.

Tank.JPG

im on my 2nd cabinet due to bowing and the doors sticking.. under warraty but still an awful lot of hassle :(

did u get yours from pets at home ? i only wonder as you have exactly the same background as i have in mine :lol:

I got it from Seapets, but whilst I was waiting for it to be delivered, I read your and the other posters about the doors sticking, so was a bit worried!! But it seems ok so far.

It came with a Fluval U4, 200w heater, feeder, 26kg pea gravel, gravel vac, water treatment, backing and some food!!

I know this isnt the same size, but I am going to get a fluval roma 125, I think the look of the cabinet is much better than jewel, plus the price is way lower. but i wont be using the filter or possibly the heater as i am going to buy an external, probably the ttex1200 and an external heater- hydoreth 300w. if you are planning to grow plants or corals though i would suggest an upgrade in the lighting as t8's are somewhat seen as old hat compared to T5's which are mor epowerful and economical for their size.

good luck

Juwels are the way to go :good: They have a better build quality than fluval tanks.

Although fluval tanks tend to be quite a bit cheaper, ask yourself why. Everyone's heard the saying "you only get what you pay for"

I've read many probs about the fluval stands as well as shelagh's probs, its no good the stands looking better than the juwels if they are as useful as wet cardboard.

Andy

Juwels are the way to go :good: They have a better build quality than fluval tanks.

Although fluval tanks tend to be quite a bit cheaper, ask yourself why. Everyone's heard the saying "you only get what you pay for"

I've read many probs about the fluval stands as well as shelagh's probs, its no good the stands looking better than the juwels if they are as useful as wet cardboard.

Andy

jewel and fluval stands/cabinets are made out of the same material- chipboard!

The doors stick due to the weight in the middle the left and right side are more stable and strobger than the centre, my doors started to stick within 3 week, i got over this problem by packing out the middle sections where the doors shut with slithers of wood, so now the weight is spread even, iv now had the stand for nearly 2 months with still no probs

Me and my m8 bought the fluval roma 240 tank and cabinet set.
Mine started leaking after a week in the top right hand corner at the front.
My right door sticks too.
Now after around 3 months, my m8's has started to leak in the exact same place. I doubt it's a coincidence.
I got a replacement tank and stand, so ok in the end but a right pain.
We did get a good deal on them (£250 all in with filter,heater etc), but i would'nt buy another fluval.

The aqua one looks nice and solid. Must be a better build quality than the fluvals, though i don't have one.
I would have bought an aqua one setup if i'd had more cash.
I do have a small aqua one aquastart 500 as a hospital tank (65 litre) and its quality.
I'd say go for it.

i have the roma 200 and they are ok ish, the left door sticks and i got the odd drop run down the front of the tank, mine was a ex display modle from P@H got tank, cabnet, 305, heater, bubble thing, £170 worth of gravel rocks plants ornaments, api master test kit, Under water LED's and food all for £146

Bargin :)

Wouldnt buy another tho, it looks nice but the door and the drips are sort of a pain

THANKS, iM NOW GETTING A JUWEL VISION 180 LITRE. I HAVE A JUWEL RIO 125 AT MOMEMT BUT IT SEEMS SO SMALL. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE.

the doors on my roma 200 seem to be fine 3month down the line but the odd leak from the top is abit of a pain, other than that ya cant complain like boost said i got mine for £150 because it was a display one and got loads of stuff free with it, i also cut a square out of one of the black slats on top for the outlet of my external filter

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back