Fluval Roma 200 Cheap Low Cost Set Up Ideas!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Tigerluvsdinah

Reaction score
Hi everyone, needing some help with a tank that was given to me by a friend who had it in storage, it's a Fluval Roma 200 tank, along with a fluval 105 ext filter & the Original int. filter the 200 comes with. I'm really wanting to get it up and running in my dining room, BUT... I don't have a lot of disposable cash, I've been a fish keeper before just not for the past 2 years. Can anybody give me some ideas on the best way to get my tank set up for the lowest price and running costs, I was thinking maybe a rock hardscape and large shoal of WCMM, any thoughts? Thanks :)

Before thinking about the substrate, do you have ideas what kind of fish you want to keep, since generally it's easier to plan your hardscape around that, rather than the other way around? WCMM's are interesting, but they do a bit better in colder temps than a lot of tropicals need, so with a 200L, I would think of something else personally. If you really want a white cloud setup, you can do one in a species only, much smaller tank later if you preferred? As for cheap, you could start off by thinking about a substrate, since play sand from B&Q or Argos is really cheap, and looks pretty good, or cat litter, etc.?

Hi Electric Warrior, thanks for your reply well I was thinking of playsand, smooth stones and a few Anubis tied to them, something really simple, was thinking about cutting costs by not using a heater and going temperate. What's your thoughts on plants and livestock.

How about something like this? http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/content.php?sid=5351

Hi Sadguppy, that's for your reply, sadly I clicked on your link and it took me onto the PFK homepage not the article you probably wanted me too see, I'm wanting something unique something like a massive shoal of small colourful fish and a community of inverts. But of course as I said I want to go for low purchasing cost & low running cost so not many plants and no co2, when I can get some feedback from you experts and know what direction I'm going I'm gonna do a nice journal for you all too enjoy :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back