The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Wills

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
Equipment: Fluval FX5 (with Fluval FX6 pump)
Age and condition: Filter housing and parts are about 2 years old and FX6 pump is brand new.
Quantity for sale:1
Reason for Sale: Replacment through warrenty
Delivery or Collection: Collection only (or local delivery)
Sales price: £150
Willing to Ship (Yes or No): no
Postage & Packaging Price: no
Photograph: n/a

Included in the sale are:

FX5 filter casing and attachments
FX6 pipes, inlet and outlet (though I would possibly reccomend buying FX5 pipes... I might have some spares actually let me check)
FX5 media casing
FX6 media - sponges, bio balls, carbon etc
Jubilee clips that come with the filter

Hi for sale is my FX5 filter with an FX6 pump. About 6 weeks ago I came home and found my filter pumping very badly - disconected it, cleaned it etc still the same. The next day I bought a new FX6 to replace it and the team at LFS looked into getting my old one replaced through warrenty.

Due to the fact FX5 pumps are no longer available the FX6 pump has been made to cover these models still in warrenty and it fits perfectly - and is much more efficiant than the original FX5 pump using less energy and putting out 300 lph more than the 5.

If the swap was imediate I would have used this on my own tank but as it took a few weeks and I had a 6 foot tank with only one filter running I had to buy a new totally new filter. As a result I have not tested the filter on my tank as I dont have the space to connect the pipes into the tank etc. If you want we can set it up into a bucket to test it. However - the buyer needs to take full responsibility of the unit, I can take no responsibility once the item is sold on. However if things do go wrong within a short time period and you are local I can help get it sorted via the LFS I bought it from as the new pump should have a warrenty on it.

Wills

Bump

Open any to offers - need to move it on :)

Wills

Now reduced to £110

Most reactions

trending

Back