Fluval Edge

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Hi I bought a fluval edge tank 6 months ago, I have no problems at all. I bought a 20W heater (not a fluval edge one) which as teh previous response states the wiring goes down the back of the tank, I fill the tank up to top. I have 6 neon tetras and an apple snail will has grown a lot since I added it. I have plants hich have grown very well. The tank looks great and is no problem to look after, the fish are very happy, they do not gulp for air, I think the tank is a great design and my fish have maintained there colours and are happy. You can buy replacement charcoal, foam and biomax filters online from seapets or rocket pets. I am planning on getting two shrimp. I personally would not put a goldfish in the tank but if you do not overstock your tank and you look after the tank as it states you should not have a problem.

@honeythorn

this sort of attitude really is a bit immature.

Firstly a tank can be something to pretty to look at - it if wasn't, most people wouldnt have them. Absolutely stupid argument for not owning a fish tank.
Second, price, who are you to say what people can and cant do with their money.
Thirdly, a second hand setup with cracks etc, great - dead fish on the floor - that looks pretty.
Fourth, That small square of water is the only place oxygen can mix with the water for use in the tank - so why are all my fish still alive?

Lastly, this comment sums it up completely...

...Fluval seriously don't seem to have taken the fish into account at all when designing this.

Seriously, do you really think any tank designer has taken the fish into account? If they did NO-ONE would be keeping fish.

This tank works, if the person who has it, works with it responsibly - just like any other tank.

Dont assume every person who owns a tank is stupid. Evaluate your benchmark again.

Can the attitutde.

Good tank until it needs a clean, or a fish removed, then it's a real pain. Looks stunning when set up.
Don't risk the slim line fluvel heater (25w) unless you like your fish lightly poached.........I've had 2 of these out of 3 bought new fail and the so called "pre-set 26 degrees" isn't a risk worth taking. First failure was overnight and 34 degrees....3 tetras, 8 shrimp, 2 guppies and 4 cories, second failure wiped out whatever survived the last one plus boiled the plants.
Try the tank but stick to the old type heaters.
Airline works well with these and the pump, lights and filter cause no concern.
Hope to get rid of mine on ebay as we've inversted in 3 cubes.
Good luck.

Paul

ive bourght the fluval edge and i set it up as a nano reef with 2 oc clowns the fish seem to be thriving i just took some media out of the cool filter and added some live rock rubble the heater and filter look cool you cant see any wires they are threaded through the back black box i allso moded the filter into a refugim its a fab nano reef wen the clowns out grow i will move them on to my 200g reef by the way im not a newbie like it says i have 25 aquariums 2 terrapins a 30" lizard and 2 snakes it goes of the amount of posts (whitch i think is very strange)i allso have a 60 litre white biorb life whitch allso is marine the filter is unbelivably s*** in biorbs so i took it out drilled the bottom and linked it up to a custom sump i have in the biorb 2 yellow tailed damsils 1 pink spotted goby (it wasnt my choice me mum insisted eaven thow im 19)

I have had the Fluval Edge for 7 months. It is stocked with 4 Rasboras, 2 Guppies and 6 CRS. It looks great and I have not had any problems at all. A little pricey but I love it.

Just my 2 cents :)

Hi, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help me. I have just brought a Fluval Edge tank second hand. There wasn't any instructions or manuals with the tank and I am having problems identifying what I need to buy for the filter and what bits go where as the filter was apart. Thanks in advance.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back