Fluval Chi Setup

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

DomH

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hey All,

Setting up a tank for my moms betta fish. I will be posting an update tomorrow with the fish inside and I will add plants. I want tips on what plants. I am using Pool Filter Sand with 2 root tabs inside.

Thanks,

Dom

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
38924f44d913b69ed903deaa3371fd91.jpg

Since you don't have a lot of lighting in a Chi, I would go for Java Ferns, Anubias, and Cryptocornes. They do well in low light and with no CO2, and still look nice.

I assume that you already have the fish, and will be doing a fish-in cycle?

Yes, because my mom put in a betta in a bowl with no heater not filter so i think this will be better conditions than original

Also i am usinng the finnex stingray clip on light i took off the top part of the tank

my suggestion of plants, is: Anubias nana, anubias afzelli (easy to find), Temple Plant, Hairgrass, and that's it.

Also I think since you have a chi you should put all the plants in the center of the tank (or that area of it) so on the outskirts the fish have room to go to the walls and such, also I suggest some shrimp or a nerite snail or 2 :)

Good luck dom!

Would it be okay to add my Red Cherry Shrimo from my other 10 gallon?
152c1afd3c21cc808887aed773f71300.jpg
Y

It depends on the betta, they're usually fine. If the betta shows aggression though, you'll need to remove them.

so for the finnex stingray is the powerful enough to grow dwarf hairgrass and anubias?

I would think any light of any kind is powerful to grow hairgrass, and for anubias it should be fine as well (in my opinion)

Should be perfect for anubias, they need very little light. I've never had luck with hairgrass, sadly.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back