Fluval Chi Light!

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

McCool

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So, about ready to go to bed, and the light on my Fluval Chi won't shut off! Can't unplug it, as it and the filter are on the same cord. Any ideas? Don't want to have to leave it on all night...

Gonna have to leave it on all night. I'll see what I can do in the morning. Any suggestions are welcome. The switch is moving fine, the lights just won't shut off. Never had a problem with this tank...

wack it?. thats not helpful, although it does sound like a lose connection on the switch to me. or a broken one on the switch

wack it?. thats not helpful, although it does sound like a lose connection on the switch to me. or a broken one on the switch

Moved it every which way I could. There would be a flicker of light going out but wouldn't hold it. The tank is almost a year old, never had a problem up until now..

maybe some water's got in and is sitting on the switch? making the connection in the circuit?, i dont know just throwing idea's out

maybe some water's got in and is sitting on the switch? making the connection in the circuit?, i dont know just throwing idea's out

No clue. The switch is on the back of the filter box,and water runs over it, but it is built for that... If I can get it off, I'll just leave it off. The tank gets natural light anyways...

Try phoning the manufacturer and ask for advice. Maybe it's a known problem or they can give/sell you a replacement.

Bad switch is all...your not able to break the circut to shut the light off...if you feel comfortable enough pull the power for a few minutes and try to take it apart, it is most likely an easy fix.

Is the tank still under warranty? Fluval might send you a replacement if you ask nicely?

Well, after an hour of taking it apart, we still can't figure it out. Pretty little tank, but the filter and light combo is a pain! Going to email the maker and see if they can help me out. Thank you for the advice everyone!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back