Fluval 406 - Making Noise After Cleaning...

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JasonMichael

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I've just cleaned my fluval 406 canister filter as I do monthly however for some reason it's not running as quiet as it use to since cleaning. I'm scared to take out the impeller etc. as I don't want to break it, does anyone have any tips on how to do this carefully and how to clean them?

I'm not sure if this is causing the filter to be louder than usual or not, the noise is like a hissing sound / louder hum than usual to the point where it annoyed me last night when trying to get to sleep.

Any advice is appreciated, thanks.

Make sure everything is clicked and tight, Don't worry about gaining access to the impeller. There designed to allow you to open it, They have a habit of getting stuck or jammed with rubbish.

Make sure everything is clicked and tight, Don't worry about gaining access to the impeller. There designed to allow you to open it, They have a habit of getting stuck or jammed with rubbish.

Everything appears to be clicked in and tight. What else do you think it could be? Would it be worth checking the impeller and all that stuff?

Everything appears to be clicked in and tight. What else do you think it could be? Would it be worth checking the impeller and all that stuff?

Of course, It should be fairly easy to get into the impeller. My filter tends to make a noise if theres a block or somethings not clicked into place. But if thats all fine I'd check the impeller isn't cought on something.

Of course, It should be fairly easy to get into the impeller. My filter tends to make a noise if theres a block or somethings not clicked into place. But if thats all fine I'd check the impeller isn't cought on something.

I've never actually taken it out etc.. How do I do it? Haha

Most reactions

trending

Back