Fluval 3 Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

shelaghfishface

the one and only
Reaction score
i only bought this filter about 6 weeks ago, and its not flowing properly and making a noise, i cant find the reciept for the life of me, tho i paid by credit card so maybe wthat would be ok if i showed my statement?got it from acorn pets store, but rather than have to go through cycling another filter would prefer to fix this one, anyi dea?

Thanks in advance
shelagh xxx

EDIT to make it clear, its making the noise as if its running dry with no water in the tank,and the flow is just a trickle, seems everything connected to water is playing me up in my house today

Probably a stupid answer here, but have you taken all the media out and given the filter/pump a good clean? Im sure you have, so this is more than likely a redundant post! :)

you could be right actually minx, as i have literally crammed it with mature media and floss, so thats probaly all that is wrong, ill get round to it at some point tonight when the kids are out of the way, they are all very excited at the moment as our new kittens are arriving in an hour,so i have no chance just yet of doing anything with the tanks :( :)

Kittens!!! Are you mad woman :lol:

yes i am and i have all the relavant paperwork to prove it :lol: they are here now and have so far growled or hissed ,spat and gone under the sofa, oh i can see this is going to be a raging sucess lol

sorry nelly i meant to say its a 3+ internal, i thin minx may have been right and either it needs a good clean (doubt it tho as its only looking after 2 kribs) or i may have put too much floss in the cartdrige thingy majig

Kittens!!! Are you mad woman :lol:

yes i am and i have all the relavant paperwork to prove it :lol: they are here now and have so far growled or hissed ,spat and gone under the sofa, oh i can see this is going to be a raging sucess lol

Well you can always feed them to Jambo :devil: or tie some string to their tails and dangle them close, give him something to keep him occupied :whistle:

(For all those about to lynch me, this is really just a wee joke - honest! :angel:)

coke-cat.jpg

that didnt work nelly neither did taking out some of the media, oh bugger everything is going wrong today, maybe if i get an early night ill wake up and it will all have been a bad dream

the kittens by the way.. that one looks like Darnell^^^^^^

have to say i have never ever had a fluval internal filter go wrong before and i have 6 of them, the other 3 are in the garage and the bloody door is jammed-just one of them dayz
004-13.jpg

sweet cats :good: <kittens>

have you tried working it without any filter media in and see if it works then?

yes i to have always had fluval,,,,,must be only \one of a few who like fluval, were a dying breed

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back