Fluval 206 External Filter Help?!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Wish i lived near you, tis hard to troubleshoot from a distance :(

Alasse said:
Wish i lived near you, tis hard to troubleshoot from a distance :(
Definitely. Appreciate it though thanks :) I might go purchase an Eheim today and try sell this one hehe

glasgowgirl786 said:
Only got it Thursday or Wednesday! Wasn't able to see it running unfortunately. I'll google it thanks :) is that not only if you buy something online? Like you said I'll leave it for a week or so and have any sleepless nights and if that fails I'll try that thank you
It's not just online. For example, if you see a rug in a shop which you like, and get it home and it's not the right look for your decor, you can return it under distance selling regs.

David J said:
Only got it Thursday or Wednesday! Wasn't able to see it running unfortunately. I'll google it thanks :) is that not only if you buy something online? Like you said I'll leave it for a week or so and have any sleepless nights and if that fails I'll try that thank you
It's not just online. For example, if you see a rug in a shop which you like, and get it home and it's not the right look for your decor, you can return it under distance selling regs.
Ah I see! Is the fact that I've used it & they can't re-sell it not void that? Thanks for that ill research it :)

glasgowgirl786 said:
Ah I see! Is the fact that I've used it & they can't re-sell it not void that? Thanks for that ill research it :)

No. You can't know how noisy it is unless you switch it on. By its nature, you have to connect it up before switching it on. Only then can you know how noisy it is. Even if it's not faulty, you can reject the goods. You used to only get 7 days but I have a feeling it's now 28 days.

I wish I could give you a definitive answer on how to quieter it down.

David

I've mailed them to see if they will give me a refund as their shop was pretty far out from me (maidenhead aquatics). Hopefully I'll get my money back but I highly doubt it as I sent them a mail yesterday and they haven't replied (they replied extremely quick to all my other mails asking if they had it in stock then when I was having that problem!) anyway I went out and got the Eheim Ecco pro 200. Not silent but A LOT quieter than the Fluval was. The guy who sold me it in my LFS said he didn't stock them Fluval filters anymore as they are rubbish and he always had people taking them back to him! So I guess my problem is solved now I just need to fight with the fish shop to get my money back. Hehe

Thanks to all who have been trying to help me over the past couple of days, Esp David J & kirkyarcher ...stars! Just a bummer we didn't manage to get that filter to shut up & I could have saved a lot more money lol lesson learned, I won't be buying a Fluval filter ever again :D

I was chuckling reading all the advice regarding the Fluval...turn it here, shake it there, etc. a filter should just work! (assuming installed correctly). That one seems like a dud. I'm glad you got another filter. Hope you get money back on the Fluval.

glasgowgirl786 said:
I've mailed them to see if they will give me a refund as their shop was pretty far out from me (maidenhead aquatics). Hopefully I'll get my money back but I highly doubt it as I sent them a mail yesterday and they haven't replied (they replied extremely quick to all my other mails asking if they had it in stock then when I was having that problem!) anyway I went out and got the Eheim Ecco pro 200. Not silent but A LOT quieter than the Fluval was. The guy who sold me it in my LFS said he didn't stock them Fluval filters anymore as they are rubbish and he always had people taking them back to him! So I guess my problem is solved now I just need to fight with the fish shop to get my money back. Hehe
Thanks to all who have been trying to help me over the past couple of days, Esp David J & kirkyarcher ...stars! Just a bummer we didn't manage to get that filter to shut up & I could have saved a lot more money lol lesson learned, I won't be buying a Fluval filter ever again :D
Good luck. Hope they are reasonable about it. They should be.

David

Which Maidenhead is it? They're generally quite helpful, at least the ones I've visited.

Lunar Jetman said:
Which Maidenhead is it? They're generally quite helpful, at least the ones I've visited.
In Glasgow :) it's in the mackinnon mills centre. They just didn't seem like they wanted to help solve my problem when I took it back and they set it up and said it was quiet, they haven't replied to my mail either so don't think I'll be getting a refund from them...not easily anyway!

glasgowgirl786 said:
In Glasgow :) it's in the mackinnon mills centre. They just didn't seem like they wanted to help solve my problem when I took it back and they set it up and said it was quiet, they haven't replied to my mail either so don't think I'll be getting a refund from them...not easily anyway!
How you getting on? Any luck?

David

They refused to give me a refund they just said to take it back in store & they would show me how to set it up so it was quiet lol told them I had an Eheim now which was quiet so didn't need the Fluval now but they still refused so I've had to put it on eBay!

You cant go wrong with an Eheim ;) I had a fluval years ago when i kept fish and never again would i have a fluval about me nothing but bother i had with it and the shop i got it from didnt want to know anything about it so i had contacted fluval and they said sorry we cant help you you need to replace the filter LOL i had it only 3 days and it was a big external and cost alot 23years ago.

Oh god sounds like a pain just like mine :( I despise Fluval now deeply regret purchasing it but lesson learnt I guess. Loving the Eheim. I had an Eheim tank with internal filter before I got my Juwel rio 180 I loved it couldn't fault one thing with the heater(which i now use in the Juwel as the Juwel one didn't work :/), internal filter or tank. :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back