Fluval 205 Problem

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

djultimate

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
I was just doing a water change on my tank, and decided to check inside the filter and noticed the inpeller was looking dirty so i took it out to clean it, though when i pulled it out the long tube that runs up the inside of it snapped off.
I havent got another filter big enough the the tank, so i put the inpeller back in and turned it on, the filter is working fine though there is a slight tap which am assuming is due to the missing tube.
Would it be ok to run the filter ? am assumeing theres no way it can be glued back in as its very thin.

You need a new shaft mate. Roughly about a tenner i think. I would run it until you can get the new part. If you don't want to run it then use what ever filter you have and get the part asap. Don't forget to seed the new filter with some old media though if the smaller filter isn't being used at the minute.

thanks for the reply, ive ordered the part of ebay.
Am going to leave it running tonight see how it goes.

Thanks again.

If it starts making a noise though it is because it is banging on the side of the 'tunnel' so it may damage the impellor so just keep an eye on it otherwise you will be ordering a new one of them too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back