Fixing Juwel Light Bar.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

can i just add --- BEFORE you go chopping up your light bar try mailing juwel direct about the problem. i mailed them 3 weeks ago about my 3yr old light bar unit. they replied last week offering to replace the whole thing free of charge. but as they took so long to reply i already tried the chopping into my unit and having a go at fixing it myself (which didnt work god knows where i went wrong) but because i opened the unit juwel will no longer replace it :(

so give them a mail first......might save a bit of work :)

Similarly, my Juwel lighting unit died on me the other week. I purchased a Juwel Lido 120 off of eBay in spectacular condition, with the lighting unit working. This didn't last long. I tried everything bar cutting it open; no luck. The unit was little over 2 years old and obviously I couldn't provide proof of purchase. Anyhow, having emailed Juwel last night, I received a reply this morning:

Dear Luke

Thank you for your e-mail.Sorry to hear you have hadissues with your light unit.Unfortunately you are outwith the 24 month warrantyperiod and have no proof of purchase.However as a goodwill gesture if you careto send the light unit minus the tubes to myself at the address below I willhave it inspected and checked out to see if there is an issue with your lightunit.

Yours

I'm not sure if they'll provide a repair/replacement, either free of charge or at a cost, or maybe just identify the fault. Either way, I'd class this as a result.

Cheers,

Luke.

one of my units had given up on me the other week(juwel 450 ) so i stripped it down ,bought a ballast off ebay and some perspex from bnq think i paid 20 pound in total and works a treat, better than spending 120 for a new unit ,just took me a little over 3 hours to get everything right cutting plastic with a stanley blade and then siliconing the perspex after and held with some stainless screws aswell .thanks for the post, if i hadnt seen it id have spent a fortune on new units !

can anyone please point me in the direction of which ballast (preferably on ebay uk) i need to fix my juwel rio 180 light bar? i think the problem is in the ballast i have......

can i just add --- BEFORE you go chopping up your light bar try mailing juwel direct about the problem. i mailed them 3 weeks ago about my 3yr old light bar unit. they replied last week offering to replace the whole thing free of charge. but as they took so long to reply i already tried the chopping into my unit and having a go at fixing it myself (which didnt work god knows where i went wrong) but because i opened the unit juwel will no longer replace it :(

so give them a mail first......might save a bit of work :)

Similarly, my Juwel lighting unit died on me the other week. I purchased a Juwel Lido 120 off of eBay in spectacular condition, with the lighting unit working. This didn't last long. I tried everything bar cutting it open; no luck. The unit was little over 2 years old and obviously I couldn't provide proof of purchase. Anyhow, having emailed Juwel last night, I received a reply this morning:

Dear Luke

Thank you for your e-mail.Sorry to hear you have hadissues with your light unit.Unfortunately you are outwith the 24 month warrantyperiod and have no proof of purchase.However as a goodwill gesture if you careto send the light unit minus the tubes to myself at the address below I willhave it inspected and checked out to see if there is an issue with your lightunit.

Yours

I'm not sure if they'll provide a repair/replacement, either free of charge or at a cost, or maybe just identify the fault. Either way, I'd class this as a result.

Cheers,

Luke.

Just a quick update - JUWEL today announced they have dispatched a brand new replacement lighting unit to my house, saying it should arrive tomorrow.

Cheers,

Luke.

Hi, I love the internet, My juwel Trigon 190 light unit stopped working about a week ago, Straight away I searched for a new unit after replacing the bulbs to find the unit was faulty,£90.00 ouch. But because of this forum I found a cheaper answer that actually worked, So thank you very much for your help...

Glad to see this thread is getting the odd airing :)

DIY is alive and kicking!

hi peoples,iv been hit with the curse juwel curse stick,amazing thread,wasnt looking forward to forking out £70 for a new unit. iv got the rio 125 tank,80cm t5 2x28W light unit. got a ballast off ebay,its only got 4pins at each end though. Reading through it seems there will be 8 wires on the inside of the unit (i havent striped it yet). can i use this ballast and if so how would you go about wiring it. help wpould much appreciated please. Finacing a 3year old is enough without having to pay lots of £££££££ out on the tank to!!!! :blink:

hi peoples,iv been hit with the curse juwel curse stick,amazing thread,wasnt looking forward to forking out £70 for a new unit. iv got the rio 125 tank,80cm t5 2x28W light unit. got a ballast off ebay,its only got 4pins at each end though. Reading through it seems there will be 8 wires on the inside of the unit (i havent striped it yet). can i use this ballast and if so how would you go about wiring it. help wpould much appreciated please. Finacing a 3year old is enough without having to pay lots of £££££££ out on the tank to!!!! :blink:

I think the answer to your position are in page 4 of this thread :good:

HI Guys

Got a Rio 180 with the light unit which everyone talks about.

Not too keen to cut into it and amend the parts as I don't have the time to get the parts in and tinker with it.

Can anyone recommend another unit which is cheaper that can be put into it?

If not am I stuck with this unit and lights or is there another way?

At the moment the fish have had no light for another 2 months apart from some daylight - I know not good but got to sort this out.

Cheers for any help

Hi ,guess what my juwel 180 light has stopped working ,I have seen this thread but I have no pictures so can't attempt a repair .Can someone tell me why I have no pictures .Thanks

Hi ,guess what my juwel 180 light has stopped working ,I have seen this thread but I have no pictures so can't attempt a repair .Can someone tell me why I have no pictures .Thanks

Maybe you need validating?

Mods?

You might want to check your browser settings Marge. All pictures on TFF are really hosted elsewhere like on photobucket or similar sites. Depending on your browser settings, files from other locations may be getting blocked by "features" of your browser. I use mostly the Mozilla Firefox and find that default settings work fine here. I have also used Microsoft's Internet explorer and Chrome but have kept going back to Firefox because I like the way it works.

nice one on the creativity.
im tryin to fix mine but it seems to be quite unique. most of the ballasts i see in this thread have 8 outputs, mines only 3
Im thinking of changing to saltwater. Any help would be great.
View attachment 60110View attachment 60111
(yea i busted it open :(, figure duct tape should do)

Hi, had trouble with my light bar to, when i opened it i found that i had 3 instead of 8.
Did you find an answer for this problem, as i cant seem to find it on this forum.
Regards
bobbypnut

im tryin to fix mine but it seems to be quite unique. most of the ballasts i see in this thread have 8 outputs, mines only 3

Hi, had trouble with my light bar to, when i opened it i found that i had 3 instead of 8.
Did you find an answer for this problem, as i cant seem to find it on this forum.
Regards
bobbypnut

Best way is to post photos of your connections

Regards
bobbypnut

Best way is to post photos of your connections

Hi Doresy, having problems uploading pics but my problem is the same as haowin's on page 4 (middle)of this thread.
bobbypnut

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back