Fixing Juwel Light Bar.

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

I have just bought a very similar ballast unit to Nickski but just want to confirm on the power end, the two wiggly lines means I can connect up positive and negative any way round i want? does this in turn affect the way I connect the tubes or is it completely independent?

Many thanks!
Ed

Just for reference the picture (I have an additional earth socket on mine):

IMG_4135_zps70bd00c1.jpg

Hello - hope anyone reading this can help please.
I cannot see any pictures from page 1 of this thread - can probably have a go at figuring this out myself, but was hoping that the first few pictures showing where to cut and so on may avoid a mistake.
Anyone have visibility to the pics so that they can repost etc?
I just get a Imageshack placeholder on all of the OP's pictures?
Thanks
FF

hi all i posted on 26th January 2013 with the same problem now its happened again think water got into this time well im on the hunt for a new ballast if any one knows of any out there.  the 1 i replaced with was a osram quicktronic instant start qtis e 2x18/220-240

Hi. I don't think that the original poster is about at the moment. They've not been on for a few months, so I suspect that their image gallery links have died and the pictures aren't locally stored by the forum. There may be someone else who has a picture of opening up the juwel lids, or has done it already, but I haven't had a juwel tank for several years, so can't help you myself.

See the post immediately above yours.

Need to replace the ballast in my Rio 180.

old ballast:
imnh1e.jpg

new ballast:
5ma5hk.jpg

I'm puzzled at how to connect the new one. Are both pins on one side of the fluorescent tube connected to one pin on the ballast, or do you only need to connect one pin of the tube to the ballast?

Dave_T said:

Need to replace the ballast in my Rio 180.

old ballast:
imnh1e.jpg

new ballast:
5ma5hk.jpg

I'm puzzled at how to connect the new one. Are both pins on one side of the fluorescent tube connected to one pin on the ballast, or do you only need to connect one pin of the tube to the ballast?

Already figured it out, connect both tube pins to one connector on the ballast.

Hi I know this is an old thread but hoping someone can help.
I need to know how to wire up new ballast
Picture 1 is diagram of new ballast and picture 2 is the old 1.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• D94F4224-646F-4BD5-93C8-0A6CD624DC7C.png
    D94F4224-646F-4BD5-93C8-0A6CD624DC7C.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 321
  • 7E87BE67-0ADE-422D-BA16-4609AD590F1B.jpeg
    7E87BE67-0ADE-422D-BA16-4609AD590F1B.jpeg
    39.7 KB · Views: 315

Most reactions

Back