Fishless Cycling Log - Add & Wait Method

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Well done Barry, ITS FISH TIME!!!!!!!!

Keith.

Thanks waterdrop, Keith, AquaTom and everbody who advised, supported and encouraged me!
Thanks to daz30347 for the great selection of wood!
Here are some photos of the tank (taken with a mobile so not great!):

01022011965.jpg

01022011966.jpg

01022011967.jpg

The fish in the tank at the moment are:

6 Hemigrammus rhodostomus - rummy-nose tetra but they appear to Hemigrammus bleheri - Firehead tetra. They have started shoaling beautifully quickly and i think i will get another 4 to have a shoal of 10.

4 Melanotaenia boesemani - Boeseman's rainbowfish (2 male and 2 female but might be 3 males as they have coloured up brilliantly since arriving and swimming great. Will get at least another two but the remaining fish in the shop were too young.

2 Mikrogeophagus altispinosus - Bolivian Ram (hopefully one male and female but not sure). Initially shy but have begun roaming now.

:rolleyes:

Give yourself a pat on the back m8, looks stunning :clap:

Keith.

The tank looks really good Barry, it is obviously worth all of the work you have put into it.

Just wanted to add my congratulations to the others, I can't wait until I'm at the same stage.

Thanks for the advice BTW.

MarlinTiger :thumbs:

Thanks MarlinTiger!
Got some moss balls in as well now.
When i can take proper pictures with my camera i will post them!

Absolutely stunning tank mate. Well done.

Now its time to pass on your experiences to the next generation of fishless cyclers.

Congratulations.

Thanks Keith & AquaTom,

Some more pics:

02022011969.jpg

02022011968.jpg

Added 2 more Melanotaenia boesemani - Boeseman's rainbowfish. These are definitely male and are bigger as well. They have already helped to bring the colour out in the other rainbow fish.
04022011974.jpg

You have some really nice pieces of wood which blend in so well with your backdrop and then finished off with the plants.

:good: Keith.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back