Fishless cycle

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

g930751

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone currently doing a fishless cycle with ammonia and want to know when I finish the cycle what do I do,

Won't be able to get fish till sunday maybe saturday , if my cycling finishes on a Monday Tuesday

Do I do the water change as you normally would and let it sit till I get fish ?

Do the water change and then add ammonia till the day before and then add fish the day after ?

Or just keep adding ammonia till the day before then add fish the day after ?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Hi everyone currently doing a fishless cycle with ammonia and want to know when I finish the cycle what do I do,

Won't be able to get fish till sunday maybe saturday , if my cycling finishes on a Monday Tuesday

Do I do the water change as you normally would and let it sit till I get fish ?

Do the water change and then add ammonia till the day before and then add fish the day after ?

Or just keep adding ammonia till the day before then add fish the day after ?

Thanks

The way I understand it is, keep adding ammonia until ~48 hours before buying fish. 24 hours before adding fish, do a huge water change and do NOT add any more ammonia after that. Wait a day, add fish and you should be good to go!

[emoji106]thanks

[emoji106]thanks

Forgot to mention, I would also double check and test the ammonia and nitrites to make sure they're at 0 right before you go buy the fish.

Last edited:
Yeah definitely:) thank you

The way I understand it is, keep adding ammonia until ~48 hours before buying fish. 24 hours before adding fish, do a huge water change and do NOT add any more ammonia after that. Wait a day, add fish and you should be good to go!

Directions like this can lead to overdosing the tank, creating a pH crash and a stall of a cycle.

I'd recommend sticking to the directions we have on the site, they are specifically designed to limit the amount of ammonia used, limiting any chance for a pH crash and cycle stall.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back