Fishless Cycle Went Brillianty

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kirkster

Reaction score
I followed the TwoTankAdmin post to fishless cycle.  It went brilliantly.  Took 23 days.  I used ammonia that the UK guys can buy from "The Range" for £1 a bottle.  Only needed to use a fifth of a bottle for the complete process.

Thankyou for that excellent guide!!!!!  
yes.gif

Congrats! Currently battling my way through a cycle atm..fun fun. :p

It's an excellent article, and when followed it works brilliantly. More to the point, it's more than a year on and I've quite forgotten the 3 weeks of "when is it going to be done" now that I have happy, healthy fish to care for.

I also appreciate the advice given during the cycle when I had a hiccup or two (mainly around my lack of knowledge and abundance of impatience).

I cannot tell you all how happy it makes me to see a post like this one. It means that both fish keeper and fish are having a much better time of things during the initial tank setup.

I like seeing this in writing as it shows new folks there is a reason to follow the method. What has shown me it is helpful is the complete change in the number and nature of posts related to cycling. Problems with cycling posts have shrunk a lot over the past few years here.

Kirk- Thanks for posting this thread.
biggrin.png

I remember the first time i did a fishless cycle, followed TTA's guide to the letter, completed cycle successfully without any problems at all. had to read the article a few times to get it in my head properly!

Felt pretty darned good about it too :lol:

But very well done indeed and look forward to seeing your tank fully stocked.

What are you planning for the tank btw? being nosey here :p

thrujenseyes said:
Boy am I happy to see this post!
Gives me hope!!

:lol:

Do read and follow that article as already mentioned in your other thread, its easier than you think once you get the rudimentary basics :nod: 

You CAN and WILL do it ;)

Ch4rlie said:
Boy am I happy to see this post!
Gives me hope!!

:lol:

Do read and follow that article as already mentioned in your other thread, its easier than you think once you get the rudimentary basics :nod: 

You CAN and WILL do it ;)
Ch4rlie
I've been spending allll of my time at work reading fish articles! I'm going blind!

Most reactions

trending

Back