Welcome to Our Community

Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Fishless Cycle Question

Discussion in 'Cycle your Tank' started by julielynn47, Jun 5, 2016.

1. julielynn47

julielynn47 Member

I have a new 75 gallon aquarium and would like to do a fishless cycle.  When I cycled my 55 gallon 9 years ago I thought I would pull all my hair out. I did not think it would ever get cycled. I did multiple water changes a day to keep the ammonia down for the fish.  I have decided that I would really rather do a fishless cycle this time around. It may still take forever and a day to get it cycled, but at least I won't have to worry about the health of the fish while I am doing it. 

I have looked through the forum here for a thread specific to this topic, and I am sure there is one, I just have not found it.  I have found a lot of threads involving the fishless cycle but I have not found one with specific instructions on how to do it.

Can someone please point me in the direction of such a thread?  I would so appreciate it.  And if by chance there isn't one, can someone please instruct me on how to do the cycle?

Thanks in advance!

2. fluttermoth

fluttermoth The current Mrs Treguard ;)
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator

3. julielynn47

julielynn47 Member

Thanks!! I knew there had to be one and I was just not seeing it

4. fluttermoth

fluttermoth The current Mrs Treguard ;)
    Staff Member Moderator Global Moderator

You're welcome; there's a lot of information on this site, so it can be hard to find exactly what you want, but we're all here to help :)

• Like Like x 1