FishForums.net July 2018 Tank of the Month!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

dascrow

Admin
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
fishforums-toftm-jpg.82047
FishForums.net is proud to announce the July 2018 Tank of the Month Contest!

How do I enter?
Post one photo or video in this thread along with a nice detailed write-up of your tank. The write up should include a good description of your tank, water parameters, tank maintenance procedures, feeding schedules, etc.

* You must be the owner of the tank.
* Video can be uploaded to youtube, and then a link to the video may be posted in this thread.
* Only one photo will be allowed, so make it your best!
* A description is required!

The deadline for entries is July 23rd, 2018 at 11:00 PM EST. The winner will be voted upon by FishForums.net Members.. Good luck everyone, and may the best Tank win!

What do I win?
The winner will receive a Tank of the Month badge and be featured on FishForums.net.

Everyone is welcome to participate, so jump right in and enter today!

Bumblebee Goby tank.

xHuZDeP.jpg

Tank Aqua One Horizon 65l tank.
Filter Aqua One Aquis 550 canister filter
Filter Media, Bio Home Sintered Glass
Heater Aquael Easy heater.
Light Beam Works Hi lumen 60 (6500K)

Stocking
10 Bumblebee Gobys
70 plus Red Cherry shrimp.
2 Mystery snail's
Unknown number Malaysian Trumpet snails.

Plants

Crypts,
Annubias
Water sprite ( Floating )
Duck Weed ( Floating )

Maintenance

Water change 75% once a week.
I do not vacuum the substrate, Kinda hard with all those plants.
Water conditioner Easy-Life Filter Medium
Seachem Flourish complete supplement for the planted tank, 2 mill when I remember

I sometimes clean the front glass.

The video is just to prove there are fish in the tank.

Last edited:
If there are no other entries I withdraw from this months comp.

Come on members, I seem to remember a lot of posts asking for TOTM to come back but now you wont enter.

Sure this applies to many of the UK members. I have spent so much of the last month trying to keep the temps down, which includes much reduced lighting, that my tanks don't look particulalry good atm. Healthy and thriving fish but pictures of the tanks aren't something I would choose to show off.

Fluval Flex 57L
20180718_201752-min.jpg

This is the tank I adopted a couple of weeks ago and have given a complete makeover. I'm a bit of a newbie, done a lot of research but this is the first tank I've owned and maintained myself.

It came with a decoration which I removed, and two of the plants (tall leaves at the back right and smaller bushy leaves on far left), and I've added the rest:
- Ambulia Aquatica
- Anubia Nana
- Java Moss
- Vallis Corkscrew
- Rotala Macranda - which as you can see has been struggling (second on the left) but seeing a few new leaves on the top!
- Some tiny bits of Red Root Floater which are struggling to float in the current!

Also added the Red Moor Wood Root and the stones, and replaced the pebbles it came with with sand substrate - pleased with how it's looking so far!

It also included the following fish (which are nearly all visible, the closer you look!):
- 6 Harlequin Rasbora
- 4 Zebra Danio
- 1 Red Wagtail Platy
- 1 Bronze Cory
- 1 Bristlenose Pleco

Aware that it's a bit overstocked but been going with the advice given by the wonderful knowledgeable members of this forum, and will be getting three more Cories to shoal with Dory/Dorian - other than that, my only plans are obsessively tweaking decorations over the years!

(I'm aware that this is nothing spectacular compared to what the experts do - for example the beautiful tank in NickAu's post above - but I'm new to the forum, thought it would be worth posting as I'm pleased with my tank and what I've done with it, and would be sad if no-one else entered!)

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back