FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Big Tanks OR Small tanks

• BIG

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • small

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Haha I think most people are gonna go with big (from what I've heard previously). It seems that a big tank is much easier to cycle due to more water. You can put more fish in them too!! :thumbs: I wish I could have a big tank, and I plan on gettin one someday, but for now.... I get to be happy with my lil 10 gallon :nod:.

juliethegr8t said:
Haha I think most people are gonna go with big (from what I've heard previously). It seems that a big tank is much easier to cycle due to more water. You can put more fish in them too!! :thumbs: I wish I could have a big tank, and I plan on gettin one someday, but for now.... I get to be happy with my lil 10 gallon :nod:.
ya i am going with big more room= less sterssed fish more room for fish more fish and ummmmm more room for fish! LOL :thumbs:

I'm making a 190 gal tank in the next few months. Have to move first :/

WOW impur!! What kind of fish are you gonna have in there? You'll obviously have a lot of room to play around and do what you want!! I'm so jealous, that's gonna be a lot of fun (but also work.. haha).

impur said:
I'm making a 190 gal tank in the next few months. Have to move first :/
Sweet!

What's going in there a geryi shoal? :wub:

Edit: OH, I chose big. Easier to maintain and you can get big and bad cichlids in it. :D

I have a few ideas for stocking it. I want a jag, trimac and festae. Might be pushing it for territory but I have seen it work in a similar fashion.

Or I want to get an arowana with a shoal of Acestrorhynchus falcatus and a FW moray.

So many options but i gotta make it still. I have the precut acrylic already. Got it all for $175 along with the glue. I will have to rent a garage when i'm ready cuz i'll be in an apt for a short time. Come to think of it i might not make it till i get into a house. I don't wanna move that badboy much. LOL

I want a jag, trimac and festae.

That can work. I had that in a 280 along with a few other tankbusters.

You probably know a lot more than I do, so please don't take this bad, but I have a couple suggestions to try and make that work. You don't have to use it, but maybe it might help out. :)

Get a female festae. They are more colorful and a lot more aggro than males and grow to the same size as tri's and jags. Grow her out to 6-7" then get 2-3" jag and tri.

That's how I did it. The RT's grow so dang slow that that's the only way I could make it work.

Listen to me. I'm all excited or something. Like it's my tank. Why am I excited about it? I just love cichlids. :thumbs:

Listen to me. I'm all excited or something. Like it's my tank. Why am I excited about it? I just love cichlids

LOL i'm with ya. I planned on the RT first because they grow slow. Didn't know about the female being more colorful, so thanks for the suggestion i'll take ya up on it. I will buy the trimac from Jeff Rapps probably because i want a true trimac, not a FH.

I would be worried more about getting a uro instead of an rt at an lfs, but you're right, buy from Jeff Rapps and you won't even have to worry about it.

I've had cichlids for 27 years now and have had about 30-40 (just a guess might be 10 more or less) festae but it's been so long since I've had a male I couldn't even remember what they looked like and had to do a search to find a pic. I kept the female festae because they were so much more colorful and contradictory to the CA/SA World, the females are a lot more aggro even if they are 5-6 inches smaller. The female festae holds a backseat to very few when it comes to beauty. (and aggro lol)

Here's a couple pics of the colors between the male and females.

MALE-----

festaemale1.jpg

FEMALE-----

redterrorfemale.jpg

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back