Fish tank help

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
šŸ† Click to vote! šŸ†

BK98

Reaction score
im probably in the wrong forum but oh well, can I have some advice on how I would change the look of my tank without stressing the fish, Iā€™m looking to change the sand and all the decoration

Any advice would be appreciated

I forgot to mention itā€™s a 566 litre tank I currently have about 13 fish in the ranging from a Blue cray fish to a silver shark, angel fish, and some others which I donā€™t know the name of

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

You can either fill up a couple of big plastic storage containers with tank water, and move the fish and filter into the containers, then strip the tank and redo it. Or you can leave the fish in the tank and carefully remove the ornaments and plants. Then start at one end and use a fish net to remove the gravel once you have removed the gravel you replace it (again starting from one end) with clean washed gravel/ sand.

If you do a complete gravel clean and clean the filter the day before the strip down, it will make it easier because the substrate will be cleaner as will the filter so the filter will pick up the debris floating around the tank after you pull everything out.

If you do move the fish into a holding container, put the crayfish in its own container and put the plants in a separate container and the fish in another container. Put the filter on the container with the fish.

And if you clean the new substrate the day before you do the swap, it will mean the fish spend less time in holding containers.

What about small gravel, or large? You can even use small stones. Do you want to use glass pebbles? Do you want the tank to be colorful or more natural? Remember, always be sure to coat the entire tank with Pondpro2000 so there is no chance of a leak.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back