Fish Tank Bug

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Hi emilnajeeb, welcome to the forum.

You need to upload your pic to a hosting site, like Photobucket or Flickr, and use the IMG code in your post.

+1, we need a photo.
Without one I can just guess. My guess would be it's not a bug but actually a small crustacean that is common to both fresh and salt water tanks. There are several species and they look like bugs but actually aren't. My second guess is that I don't know until I see a photo. :)

That looks a lot like a larval triops but I don't know off hand what it IS. That's a great shot and a neat find. I'm going to research it but hopefully someone else recognizes it and just pops in with an answer. Thanks for sharing. I LOVE this kind of stuff.

As a side note...it also reminds me of a hillstream loach...

When you touch it what is the texture of the body?

It's a fish louse.

few days ago i brought a fish from fish store i think it came from the store,
it is very small what should i do for lice treatment. 

fluttermoth said:
It's a fish louse.
Excellent! I knew someone would know. I've never had to deal with this particular pest.

Argulidae 
saddam.gif

Where are you OP? Some meds may not be available where you are.

If you're in the UK, Waterlife's Parazin should work (although I've never had to treat fish for this either).

Most crustaceans (which these are) die when exposed to copper-based treatments. I would imagine that something that works on ich and is copper-based would work for these guys as well. That might be worth researching.

Yeah once i got something from market for fungus and ick for my 15 fry but it was not useful they died all 
no.gif

One does have to be careful. Often these treatments require added oxygenation and water changes so that fish aren't affected.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back