Fish stuck to filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

mattkat1414

Reaction score
i just found my livebearer stuck to the filter intake, so I turned it off and he floated down from it. He was in shock for a few minutes but now he's swimming around again at almost full health, even eating food. The only thing now is that, since his rear fin has been slightly torn up, he's open to infection. Does anybody know what I should do to prevent one?

Attachments

• IMG_1167.JPG
    IMG_1167.JPG
    928.4 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:
i just found my livebearer stuck to the filter intake, so I turned it off and he floated down from it. He was in shock for a few minutes but now he's swimming around again at almost full health, even eating food. The only thing now is that, since his rear fin has been slightly torn up, he's open to infection. Does anybody know what I should do to prevent one?
First off you need to baffle your filter intake. You can do this by buying a simple chemical/dye free sponge that has never been used and wrap it around the intake with some rubberbands/fishing line. This will still allow your filter to function properly but prevent your fish from getting stuck to it. I had the same problem with my corydora's before I baffled the intake. Secondly, keep up on your water changes. 30%-40% twice a week of conditioned water. Keep a close eye out for bullying as fish can be vicious to sick/weak fish. If you notice his fin is getting worse/he's hiding from other fish, move him to a quarantine tank until he's well enough to return. If you see no improvement in his condition or the edge of his fins turns a dark brown or black then it has become fin rot and the need for antibiotics might come up.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back