Fish Resting On The Bottom Of The Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

firefighter1588

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my fish (1 black moore, 2 orandas) are spending an hour or so resting on the bottom of tank in the corner, is this usual? :unsure:

They could be sleeping?
I take it youve checked your water quality and everything is fine? Maybe do a 60% water change and see if that helps

yeah all levels are what they should be and i did a 50% water change this morning, so i guess their just resting :)

My fish do the exact same thing. They all lie on the bottom of the tank between 1-3 most days. I only see this behaviour on the weekends as I'm out at work during the week but I would imagine its a daily thing as it seems to happen like clockwork on Saturday and Sunday. The three fish just line up in a row on the bottom of the tank and get some R & R.

When I first saw this behaviour I was slightly apprehensive as their respiratory rate and gill movements slow way down but then I realised they where just catching some Z's.

I will try and get a pic next weekend as its quite unusual looking.

My commons take a rest by the bottom after doing any of the 3 F's (feeding, fighting, and... well, you know the last one). It doesn't usually last too long, maybe 15 min after a big meal, a little longer after fighting or mating. They're pretty active overall though. So long as your water params are all good, I reckon they're just having a rest.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back