Fish Of The Month - March 2011

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Status
Not open for further replies.
some great fish this month!

love that killi!

Will be a hard vote in March that's for sure!

James.

just realised i didnt get a varification pic up of my rotkeil and i sold him last night......

does this mean he isnt allowed in the ompetition any more? :sad:

If you read the FOTM rules, Mattlee, you'll see that we recognise how difficult it is to get one good picture of a fish, never mind two, so we have made provisions for this.

If you can get a pic which provides evidence that it is the same tank, that will be fine. Probably the easiest thing is to try to get a pic identical to your entry, but minus the fish. I'll be able to verify that it's the same tank and your entry will be allowed. Does that make sense?

Regards

BTT

just realised i didnt get a varification pic up of my rotkeil and i sold him last night......

does this mean he isnt allowed in the ompetition any more? :sad:

If you read the FOTM rules, Mattlee, you'll see that we recognise how difficult it is to get one good picture of a fish, never mind two, so we have made provisions for this.

If you can get a pic which provides evidence that it is the same tank, that will be fine. Probably the easiest thing is to try to get a pic identical to your entry, but minus the fish. I'll be able to verify that it's the same tank and your entry will be allowed. Does that make sense?

Regards

BTT
yes that makes perfect sense :good:

ill get one up asap :)

I have a tiny fish I want to enter but I cant get a veri pic (too small). Can I just tank a photo identical to the entry shot, but without the fish?

I have a tiny fish I want to enter but I cant get a veri pic (too small). Can I just tank a photo identical to the entry shot, but without the fish?

I think Backtropicals advice and answer to mattlee is fare :good:

regards onebto

Just wanted to double check, incase it was a one-off for Mattlee. Anyways, will upload my entry in the next mins.

Silly question but does the pic have to be of a fish for the comp can I put a picture of one of our snails up instead?

Its fish of the month unfortunately....i do think we should maybe start an A.N.Other of the month though!

K

Was going to enter mine, but I've just realised mine is not even comparable with the ones uploaded :blush: ! They're really nice fish :drool:

Was going to enter mine, but I've just realised mine is not even comparable with the ones uploaded :blush: ! They're really nice fish :drool:

Have a go....whats the worst that could happen?? I never dreamt my little tetra would get any votes in Feb's poll, and shes got 3!!!

K

Think I might actually, will get a better photo - need a new one anyways as i didnt see the verification bit :)

Just wanted to double check, incase it was a one-off for Mattlee. Anyways, will upload my entry in the next mins.

Hi,

No, it's not a one-off for Mattlee, it's all laid out in the rules here.

Extract:-

12) To enter the competition, two photographs are required. The first photograph to be submitted is your competition entry. The second photograph should be identical to the first as far as possible, however must include a clearly visible piece of paper with 'TFF FOTM COMP' and the date clearly written on. This is to ensure that the fish entered does belong to the entrant.

The moderators understand that it is not easy to obtain two identical photographs of a fish (it's often difficult to get one, never mind two), and the rules must reflect this. Therefore, the verification photograph will be accepted if it clearly shows one of the following two things:-

- That both photographs are of the same fish;

or

- That although the fish may not be clearly seen in the verification photograph, it is clear that the photograph is of the same tank (some distinguishing feature is visible in both photographs).

The moderators reserve the right to ask for further verification if required.

Silly question but does the pic have to be of a fish for the comp can I put a picture of one of our snails up instead?

This is something which I don't think we considered when setting up the competition. I'll bring it up for discussion in the Mod's forum and let you know the result.

Here is my ugly EBJD. He looks like a large mouth Bass.
PC064922.jpg

P1000214.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back