Fish Nightmares

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

HarpyFishLover

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Just wondering, anybody else have nightmares about something catastrophic happening you your fish? I do... a lot...

Just last night I not only dreamt that I had accidentally let Gordon hop out of his tank, but in a separate dream the heater had stopped heating!

Not so much about my fish.
My theory on dreams is that they fall into one of three categories.
1. Something you want.
2. Something you fear.
3. Something you ate.

Most of mine are, don't know if should have had that for supper.

Lol the "something you ate" category usually just keeps me up worrying.

I have a lot of dreams where fish are swimming around the room, as if the air was water. They're not really nightmares, although I am sometimes cross because I can't get the fish back in their tanks!

Once I dreamt I was walking along a country lane, and there were dozens of little fish swimming around the hedges like birds. It was lovely :)

Dreams are weird 
rolleyes.gif

The only time I have very strange dreams is when I have a fever of 102 F or higher, and then... my brain goes bonkers. :/

HarpyFishLover said:
The only time I have very strange dreams is when I have a fever of 102 F or higher, and then... my brain goes bonkers.
confused.gif

My little sister's like that; once when she was sick with 'flu, we found here crying in the bathroom because she 'was collecting cities, and couldn't get Edinburgh", and another time she was in there for ages, and my dad had to go in after her, and she was trying to work out how many atoms were in the air!

She doesn't get like it so much now she's older, so perhaps you'll grow out of it too :)

I would 'like' it, but that's a post which would not quite be right to 'like'. We need the different kinds of 'like' options that Facebook now has!

I once had a dream that my sister decided to put my betta fish in the community aquarium. It didn't end well.

I sometimes have a dream where my Bettas are begging to be fed, However knowing Bettas I think thats some form of mind control so I wake up early and feed them.

Been dreaming lately of folks giving away fully stocked tanks.
Always stocked with Angels!

I love my Angels, but I really couldn't handle several dozen.

I have dreams of multiple tank syndrome gone out of control. They always go the same way: I discover my home has a basement that I'd forgotten about, so I go down there and find wall-to-wall fish tanks, which initially seems awesome. But, then I see they're jam-packed full of guppies and things that have bred out of control, while somehow I've also forgotten to feed them in years. I wake up suddenly after that with the "oh god what have I done???" feeling and then usually have to get up and go check on my tanks before I can go back to sleep.

fluttermoth said:
I have a lot of dreams where fish are swimming around the room, as if the air was water. They're not really nightmares, although I am sometimes cross because I can't get the fish back in their tanks!

I get this exact same thing. Always makes me sort of disappointed though when I wake up and realize that reality doesn't actually allow it. I would love it if some of my fish could air-swim...although not all of them. I'm sure one of my more annoying fish would just repeatedly dart out from under the couch, peck me in the face, and then run off again.

Most reactions

Back