Fish Keeping A Guy Or Girl Thing In Your Country?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Clarousel

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I always end up starting threads asking weird stuff :S

Over here it seems like everyone who's in the hobby is a guy. I joined a local forum and people assume I'm a guy. It's really strange how different it is over here and there!

Used to be a guy thing.
But these days i see more and more girls joining. Example my wife was never really into to the hobby,she started me on it years ago.I wanted to start and she convinced me to give it a try by offering and old tank from her mother.
But she never really was into the thing herself.
Recently i got back to the hobby after 4 years out,and currently i have 2 tanks in the house.As sometime after i put my tank together she decided to buy a smaller one for herself. And she does not even let me go near it says its hers and she'll learn like i did by experiencing. I give her advice but decision making and working on the tank thats all her.
So i definitely believe that if it was a guy thing in the past its not so much today.

Apart from the females I know on forums its just men that I know around my local area.

Used to be a guy thing.
But these days i see more and more girls joining. Example my wife was never really into to the hobby,she started me on it years ago.I wanted to start and she convinced me to give it a try by offering and old tank from her mother.
But she never really was into the thing herself.
Recently i got back to the hobby after 4 years out,and currently i have 2 tanks in the house.As sometime after i put my tank together she decided to buy a smaller one for herself. And she does not even let me go near it says its hers and she'll learn like i did by experiencing. I give her advice but decision making and working on the tank thats all her.
So i definitely believe that if it was a guy thing in the past its not so much today.

Haha that's so cute!

I joined this forum when I started out so I didn't think it would be more of a male thing until I realized people who keep fish in my country are mostly "uncles" and stuff :S

50/ 50 in our house, he has his fish and I have mine, but his gupppies beat mine in shear numbers. Not really sure if the hobby is mostly guys or gals over here, but I know the bird keeping hobby seems to be mostly blokes over here...maybe it has soemthing to do with men and sheds :lol: .

Haha same here. Bird keepers here are mostly old men who sit at erm... open air places and speak in dialect, if that makes any sense.

It started out as my thing, and I put together our 2 1gallon betta tank, 10 gallon betta/harlequin tank, and 40gallon community. I was also the one that set up the fry tank when I decided to try and save some babies, and I am the one who does all the maintenance. But My husband has recently started doing alot of research and is planning the 200g monster we would like to set up....i finally turned him hahah

It started out as my thing, and I put together our 2 1gallon betta tank, 10 gallon betta/harlequin tank, and 40gallon community. I was also the one that set up the fry tank when I decided to try and save some babies, and I am the one who does all the maintenance. But My husband has recently started doing alot of research and is planning the 200g monster we would like to set up....i finally turned him hahah

hmmm got to have the biggest one i see, nothing changes :shifty:

hmmm got to have the biggest one i see, nothing changes :shifty:

LOL typical man heheh

exactly what i was thinking, hope he doesnt tell you what to do with your tank and what he would do instead :angry:

No, this one we are planning together. It will probably be a large shark tank, with varius (compatible) species of sharks. And other fish that would get along with the sharks. That is something that both of us want to do.

As far as the tanks that are set up.....no....he has no say so in those lol, although he has a habit of bringing bettas home lol

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back