Fish For A Cycling Tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

fisheygymnast

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
hi im starting a new tank do you know of anyhardy fish that will live through the cycle im starting a 10 or 20 gallon tank and im probably going to either breed guppies or bettas in it are female bettas hardy fish thanks
sydney

Why not cycle using ammonia instead?  (fishless cycle), no fish is really all that hardy when constantly exposed to ammonia, any fish will suffer some manner of damage.

If you want your cycle to last months doing daily large water changes etc, then do a fish in (IE DON'T DO A FISH IN CYCLE)

3-4 weeks you can cycle a tank if you stick to the guidelines listed on this site. No fish harmed and you can pretty much fully stock..

Get some ammonia and do it that way its so much more rewarding and worthwhile... Otherwise its months of hard work and pain for you and the fish

I am in the middle of a 'Fish-in' cycle now and take it from me, I wish I had known about the 'Fish-less' cycle before I populated my fish tank. Fish-less cycling can take a few weeks normally and your tank is ready for fish. You spend a small amount of money on ammonia and de-chlorinator. When doing a fish-in cycle however, you will spend a shed ton of cash buying loads of de-chlorinator due to the vast amount of water changes needed. And when doing a fish-in cycle, you subject your fish to alot of ammonia and nitrites that are toxic to them and can kill them.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back