The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cameronb_01

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,
In my tank I have a range of fish, none of whom have previously bred, with the exception of lots of snails. However recently on the side of the tank lots of these things which I have attached a picture of which I think our eggs have popped up. Are they fish or snail eggs? IF so can you identify? Is there anything vital about tropical Freahwater Fish Breeding which I should know about?

Thanks in advance for your help
Cameron

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 163
Those are snail eggs, pest snails to be precise but which species of pest snail depends which you have lol.

You're best trying to get rid of them or they'll hatch into more pest snails which, as the name suggests, can become huge pests XD

Those are snail eggs. I don't think there are any fish species that lay eggs in clumps like that (someone will now come on and post, "the lesser spotted Mongolian hog-faced minnow does", and I'll feel dumb
tongue2.gif
).

For breeding any fish, properly, you need at least one separate tank. There are many different breeding strategies in fish, so there can't really be any tips in general; each species has to be approached differently, and on its own terms
smile.png

fluttermoth said:
Those are snail eggs. I don't think there are any fish species that lay eggs in clumps like that (someone will now come on and post, "the lesser spotted Mongolian hog-faced minnow does", and I'll feel dumb
tongue2.gif
).

For breeding any fish, properly, you need at least one separate tank. There are many different breeding strategies in fish, so there can't really be any tips in general; each species has to be approached differently, and on its own terms
smile.png

Corys will lay eggs in clumps on the glass, but not in a protective jelly like snail eggs though :D

star4 said:
Corys will lay eggs in clumps on the glass, but not in a protective jelly like snail eggs though
biggrin.png
I'd call cory eggs 'grouped' rather than 'clumped' 
innocent.gif

fluttermoth said:
tongue2.gif
).

Sorry to do this to you Fluttermoth

Phenacobius Porko

Attachments

• hfm.jpg
    hfm.jpg
    120.2 KB · Views: 175
There's always one isn't there....

;)

I've never heard of that fish, so thanks :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back