First Time Saltwater Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

tat2life

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
ok so heres my tank, first time ever tried keeping saltwater fish seems to be going good so far no problems at all. so far only a yellow tail damsel and a clown fish. heres some photos let me know what you guys think :good:

DSC00758.jpg

DSC00760.jpg

DSC00759.jpg

starfish5-1.jpg

starfish4-1.jpg

shell.jpg

onrock1.jpg

onrock.jpg

fish.jpg

bothfishbigger.jpg

DSC00695.jpg

DSC00692.jpg

added some more live rocks since photos.. but i know i still need more lol

you should have looked at all the other journals. No one else started out like this.
LR first and let it cycle. For a couple of weeks at the least. But some people have had sucess this way. Lets hope you do. GL

hey mate i did cycle it with just lr for 3-4 weeks. then put in a damsel to start of the amonia... wich he survived and now all water levels are good i added the clown wich was about another 3 weeks since the damsel.

dude to the eye it looks like u have about 2 kg at the most in your tank of LR, please by all means corect me if i am wrong. U did say u were getting more, however it would cycle much better with more in from the start. Didnt mean to upset u i am merely trying to help you, i rememeber my first tank.

quick update as i havent been on for a while
added more live rock, a blue starfish and a feather duster

tank shot
DSC00996.jpg

starfish
DSC00995.jpg

live rock with polyps or something on
DSC00994.jpg

feather duster
DSC00993.jpg

feather duster again
DSC00992.jpg

starfish again
DSC00917.jpg

just about to do a water change now and top up the tank. the water level drops so damn fast. and getting more live rock next weekend

Lookin good :)
But I would watch your starfish, they tend to need alot of live rock and a well matured system otherwise they dont get enough food. Hopefuly he will make it ok.

thanks littleme im getting new rock every weekend now but he is always on the damn glass lol i put him on a big piece of rock and he circled it once and went back onto the glass lol. its probally easier to feed him on the glass because i just stick frozen squid on the glass right next to him so eventually he moves onto it. il try him on the rock again though this weekend when i get some more. he's a cute lil fella though so hope he does ok

I wouldnt move him around too much. Make sure to keep feeding him squid as theres nothing else in that tank that he will be able to eat unless one of your fish die.

Yup I would say the glass sitaution is cos there is no food for him anywhere else, so hell be eating whatever algae he can find there. As mentioned above, try not to mess with him too much, and feed often with a variety of frozen foods so he gets a good nutritional balance :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back