First time planted tank

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Just by looking at that Im sorry to say you are way way over stocked, I count 30 plus fish in your tank, How big is it?

You also have soft water fish mixed in with hard water fish, is you water soft or hard? Once we know your water parameters we can better advise you on stocking.

Is your tank cycled?

Just by looking at that Im sorry to say you are way way over stocked, I count 30 plus fish in your tank, How big is it?

You also have soft water fish mixed in with hard water fish, is you water soft or hard? Once we know your water parameters we can better advise you on stocking.

Is your tank cycled?
Length is 45cm / 17inches, width and height is 30cm / 11inches
10 gallon tank
Yes the tank is already cycled and water is slightly hard

your set up looks amazing. I really like it.
But I have to agree with Nick about your stocking.

Hi

Length is 45cm / 17inches, width and height is 30cm / 11inches
10 gallon tank
Yes the tank is already cycled and water is slightly hard
10 gallon with slightly hard water?

In that case the only fish you can keep are the Guppies, Sorry, all I can see is serious problems.

Hi

10 gallon with slightly hard water?

In that case the only fish you can keep are the Guppies, Sorry, all I can see is serious problems.

Alright ill return the others to the LFS asap, what other fishes can i add to my tank?

Please note this is just my opinion.

I count 5 Guppies? Are they all male?
what other fishes can i add to my tank?

maybe a Mystery snail.

Sorry,

Please note this is just my opinion.

I count 5 Guppies? Are they all male?

maybe a Mystery snail.

Sorry,
There are 6 guppies, 2 female and 4 males, the females are moved to another tank now since it is pregnant

Hi

You are going to hate me.

2 females 4 males are you sure? this is a bad combination, the males will harass the females for breeding and it will stress the females, If you have a mix the best way to keep them is at least 2 females to 1 male and that causes a whole set of new problems. Guppies are also known as million fish, because you start with 3 and in no time you have a million of them.

At 3 months of age a female Guppy can give birth to around 30 fry every 6ish weeks

Hi

You are going to hate me.

2 females 4 males are you sure? this is a bad combination, the males will harass the females for breeding and it will stress the females, If you have a mix the best way to keep them is at least 2 females to 1 male and that causes a whole set of new problems. Guppies are also known as million fish, because you start with 3 and in no time you have a million of them.

At 3 months of age a female Guppy can give birth to around 30 fry every 6ish weeks
Damn, seems like i screwed up a lot, oh well......guess i'll just keep the male guppies and give away my female and her fry to someone else.

That will work, and you could add 2 more males,

You know what I would do? No Guppies, Betta sorority, 5 young females would be quite happy in there.

Check out my tank.

That will work, and you could add 2 more males,

You know what I would do? No Guppies, Betta sorority, 5 young females would be quite happy in there.

Check out my tank.
Thank you for your feedback and suggestions! :)
yeah i saw your tank, beautiful fishes.

Male Guppies are actually cool, and there are some that are every bit as nice as some Bettas but without much of the attitude.

From what I can see you have some nice males and your tank is quite nice work with that add maybe one or 2 more nice males if you like and basically all you should need is a weekly water change of about 50%, and in a few months that tank will be stunning.

I would add a Mystery snail to the tank.

I gather you know about using a de chlorinator on tap water? Do you have a heater?

With 5 or 6 Guppies in a cycled tank and if you do not over feed you may never need to vacuum the substrate,

Yup i know about using anti chlorine. And no i do not have a heater, do i need a heater even though it is always 27-34 deg celcius where i live?

Also, would my tank be too small for 5 female bettas? I might consider them instead of the guppies.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back