First tank...ever!!

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I would get some floating plants and just leave them in the hood without any care. water sprite, elodea, frogbit etc. They do improve the biological balance of the tank and will actually make you fishkeeping life easier. If they spread too quickly you can just thn them out by removing the surplus.

Do you want a few big fish or lots of small ones?

Endlers ( Poecilia wingei ) are cool. I have some in my Bumblebee Goby tank,

If it’s possible I’d like to have a mixture of both. Couple of big fish max and a school/shoal or two would be perfect :)

Other members will be horrified to know that none of the plants in my tank are rooted in the substrate :D

Mine are not either! All of mine are attached to beautiful pieces of wood! I love the wild and crazy roots that grow and wrap around and make a perfect mess!

I love the wild and crazy roots that grow and wrap around and make a perfect mess!

Is there such a thing as a 'perfect mess' :lol:

But yes, i have lots of anubias and java ferns that are attached to wood and makes excellent natural decor and looks perfect, not a mess :p

Other members will be horrified to know that none of the plants in my tank are rooted in the substrate :D

Not me, plus you may be surprised.

I have a 2 foot tank full of Annubias all tied to wood. I recently remodeled it a little and found that most of my Annubias was firmly rooted in the substrate some roots under the substrate were 6 plus inches long, And the big Crypt OMG half the tank bottom was covered in its roots and Im not kidding.

But then again I am not surprised I never vacuum my substrate and I have Malaysian Trumpet Snails ( A must in any planted tank If you have MTS gravel vacuums are a waste of time and money ) so there is a lot of stuff for the plants to live on.

Tank nearly finished! Bonsai is soaking and being cleaned before my moss arrives which will go back left (where the big gap is!)

Water in next week and then fish in two weeks! Yay! :D

Attachments

• 4211E128-56FB-40CE-AF45-A7C34697A04C.jpeg
    4211E128-56FB-40CE-AF45-A7C34697A04C.jpeg
    584.2 KB · Views: 75
Is there such a thing as a 'perfect mess' :lol:

But yes, i have lots of anubias and java ferns that are attached to wood and makes excellent natural decor and looks perfect, not a mess :p
Me too!! I'll take a pic later and show you :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back