Firemouths?

ApistoNut

Fishaholic
Reaction score
i have a 30 gal tank with corys plecs and 2 angels can i add a pair of firemouths? i can remove the angels if need be?

i seen some in my LFS and fell out my tree what sweet looking fish they are

i have a 30 gal tank with corys plecs and 2 angels can i add a pair of firemouths? i can remove the angels if need be?

i seen some in my LFS and fell out my tree what sweet looking fish they are

If the firemouths and angelfish are adults it is wise to get a larger tank or as said move the angelfish, a 30g tank is the minimum size for a pair of firemouth cichlids.

30 gallons is a tad small for both angelfish and firemouths. They will occupy different parts of the tank for the most part, but that won't stop the firemouths from feuding at the angels now and then, and they'll take over when they breed if you get two.

ok move the angels any other compatible tank mates?
I keep my firemouth with a bunch of black skirt tetras with little issue. Any large tetras or barbs will cut it. Just make sure they're big enough to not be mistaken for food.

oh hmmmm i like tiger barbs :) will they do?
Not with the cories. Tiger barbs are extremely boisterous and nippy. You should only keep them by themselves or with larger fish who can beat them up so they learn not to bite them. They'll pick on your cory cats, I'd rather pick something else unless you wanna move those too.

i will sell all my stock and just keep my breeding apistogramma alcarinas in there own tank and in my main tank il have a pair of firemouths and a shoal of tiger barbs maybe 8-10

Most reactions

trending

Back