Firemouths and a sev

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

StarOrbs

Fish Herder
Reaction score
I have a severum and 2 firemouths in a 55 gallon. I'm wondering if I can keep cories and tiger barbs in the tank. I did some estimates I believe 8 cories and 8 tiger barbs would work by the 1" per gallon rule. Any ideas or suggestions? Or if those won't work any other ideas of bottom feeders and schooling fish?

Sevs can get pretty big (around 8") and will attempt to eat any fish that fit in their mouth. If a sev tried to eat a cory, both fish could die, the severum of suffocation.

I've never had tiger barbs, but I usually hear that they are little terrors :)

Dont you have clown loaches tho? A severum would be nice to have if you didnt get the smaller fishes.

No I had to bring them back to the store... ( they were sickly even when I got them and they kept giving my firemouths and sev ich) I have a severum and 2 firemouths in the tank right now and they have been there for almost a month. Well any other ideas? :whistle:

Some sort of synodontis catfish may work instead of cories :D Featherfin synos get about 6" and are pretty easy to care for :)

This is my featherfin next to my Uaru ;)
AAApics027.jpg

You got rid of the clowns :sad: Clowns are such cool fish. Go for them. Ich is in the water, we all get it sometime. Its cause by stress.

Neat thanks, I'll have to check and see if anyone has those. I know my area has UD catfish but they are weak in my area perhaps they'll have something else.

Would one of those be alright or do they need to be in numbers? Is there any other fish I could add or would it be best just to have 2 firemouths, a sev and one of those catfish?

A group of tigers would be fine aslong as you got them at a fair size so they wouldnt become snack's. Sev & firemouths arent overly aggressive so it would work. HIH a little.

StarOrbs said:
Would one of those be alright or do they need to be in numbers? Is there any other fish I could add or would it be best just to have 2 firemouths, a sev and one of those catfish?
My single one has been ok by himself, and he has shown some aggression to my plecos so I think they'd be better off alone :D

Alright, thanks well if I can find one then that'll be it unless I can figure out something else to add. I've also heard that 2 firemouths and 2 severums and some type of medium size bottom dweller like the catfish can be in a 55 gallon? Is that true or is that bull? :p

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back