Filtration Advice For 100 Uk Gallon Tank

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

markandhisfish

comfortably numb
Reaction score
taking delivery of my new 100 g/453 litre tank on wednesday. will be setting it up in a couple of weeks using an eheim pro2 model 2028 canister filter which is fully mature having been running on another tank for 2 years

Pump Output: 1050 l/h
Filter Circulation: 750 l/h
Delivery Head: 2.0mWs
Filter Volume: 7.3 L

initially stocking will be low 1 red tailed black shark 1 pictus catfish ands a pair of kribs

i intend on stocking to the max level possible for the tank size , i intend on doing this slowly tho

would i need to ad an extra filter as the stocking level gets higher

taking delivery of my new 100 g/453 litre tank on wednesday. will be setting it up in a couple of weeks using an eheim pro2 model 2028 canister filter which is fully mature having been running on another tank for 2 years

Pump Output: 1050 l/h
Filter Circulation: 750 l/h
Delivery Head: 2.0mWs
Filter Volume: 7.3 L

initially stocking will be low 1 red tailed black shark 1 pictus catfish ands a pair of kribs

i intend on stocking to the max level possible for the tank size , i intend on doing this slowly tho

would i need to ad an extra filter as the stocking level gets higher

I would add another filter purely for the Mechanical Filtration benefit, more flow etc. 1000lph is a bit low on a 453litre imo

ok thanks but would the 1 filter be ok short term while stocking is low?

excellent . ok dumb question time now. at what level of stocking would you consider the 2nd filter required? assuming the fish are what youd call averagely messy species will end up with a plec so that would have to be taken into consideration as they are messy sods :lol:

Tbh as soon as you start adding the "messier" fish, Plec any big cichlids etc....

thats what i thought . well would be planning on adding the plec pretty much last and the biggest cichlid in there would prob be a bluie acara so rekon maybe i could get away with half stocking then adding extra filtration??

oh i almost forgot 1 last question on this subject. when i get the 2nd filter i would use some of the mature media from the existing to spped up its cycle. as the existing filter is eheim pro2 would the additional 1 need to be the same for the media to go in it ?

Most reactions

Back