Filters

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

Estrongy

Reaction score
can someone please help me Iā€™ve upgraded my aqua 1tank filter to a Fluval 206 external. My tank is 130litre, the problem I think I have is the flow, although we have it close to the top so itā€™s breaking water it doesnā€™t seem to be disturbing the plants lower down, so is this surface movement ok I feel itā€™s a little to ferocious, what are your opinions please. Also Iā€™ve had them both running now for three weeks, when would it be safe to remove the internal one please. Thanx in advance

Keep them both running for at least 2 months or just leave them both in the tank permanently. Then if you need a filter for a quarantine tank you can use the small one from the main tank.

You can use the smaller internal filter to circulate the water at the bottom of the tank and the new external filter to create surface turbulence.

Are you using a spray bar? I have one attached to a 406. The bar is a couple of inches below the surface and I aim it so the flow is upwards and against the back of the tank. If its still too strong you could make the holes in the spray bar bigger. My flow is fairly lively at the surfcae but calm lower down so I'm ok with that.

Just make sure there is no way the water can escape over the back edge ;)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back