Fighting Angels

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Eelzor

This shrimp is so good it needs to be seen in wide
Reaction score
Recently my angelfish have been having the occasional peck @ each other, and I am getting worried about it. The angels seem to have established territories in pairs, but even pek there pairs at times. I suppose it is kind of one for all and all for one in the tank at the moment. Will this stop or continue or normal? f you need more information on anything just ask for it. The tank is the 50 Gallon in my sig.

TANX ;) 8)

This behaviour is a display of dominance. It is usually seen between males in the tank and in this case can get pretty nasty at times. It also occurs between a male and female pair but is not usually a violent struggle. If the fish mind their places it will go away but if one male insists on intruding then it will continue and as i mentioned it could get nasty. One way to stop it may be to rearrange the decor of the tank, including plants. this will cause them to restake their territoy and may stop the behaviour. HTH :)

Thanks tstenback - they seemed to have calmed down a little, but have not lip-locked yet, or ever, so it doesn't seem to be that serious. :)

Most reactions

Back