Fighter with other fish??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Female Bettas are very nice also, These are my girls.

They should, remind them they miss-led you when they sold them to you.

I tried to take the Borneo catfish back tonight but they wouldn't take them back. They said they would get used to the waterflow.

If you are getting a Betta remember they prefer lower light.

You could put 2 or 3 stems of Blue Stricta along the back or some Swords.

Maybe a few Crypts and another Anubias or 2,

Add a bit of Water sprite as the floating plant and you are set to go.

The Blue Stricta and Crypts will love the root tabs,

I got some more plants while i was at the pet shop. I got some Anubias and purple temple and they look really cool in my tank but have taken up a fair bit of space. What do you put in your tank to help your plants along?

I have noticed that my Neon's stick to the bottom of my tank mostly near the filter, I think this is mostly when the light is on. Do you know way they tend to like this spot?

So they live ok together?? The females don't fight one another?
Yes they are fine together, and yes sometimes they have a small tiff, a bit of tail gets nipped now n then but that's not a problem,

Moral here is, always fully research a fish species online from reliable sites before acquiring, and do not assume the advice from any fish store employee is accurate. It can save grief later.

The neons are reacting to the environment as one would expect. They do not like overhead light, and they naturally live among branches, under overhanging terrestrial vegetations, etc, so they are staying "under cover" where they feel safer.

Moral here is, always fully research a fish species online from reliable sites before acquiring, and do not assume the advice from any fish store employee is accurate. It can save grief later.

The neons are reacting to the environment as one would expect. They do not like overhead light, and they naturally live among branches, under overhanging terrestrial vegetations, etc, so they are staying "under cover" where they feel safer.

Yes Byron! :( I have learnt the hard way!! I might try to sell them myself on gumtree or something like that and see if there's any takers.

Hmm I thought so I'm looking at getting plants that may float on top but I'm not sure I like the messy look to it. Do you have any experience of floating plants? Ive had a look at hornwort, guppy grass, water sprite and still looking. I've updated my plant in the tank because the baby tears were not really what I wanted and the grass stuff that I had kept floating to the top and being annoying. Here's some pictures of my fish and plants :D

I put the plants in last night and some are right to the top of the water line. When I got up this morning I noticed little island of bubbles around the plant, is this normal? Should I fill up my tank a little more so it doesnt do this? Or is it good?

Photo 7.jpg
Photo 4.jpg
Photo 1.jpg

Attachments

• Fish hiding.jpg
    Fish hiding.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 140
  • Fish tank .jpg
    Fish tank .jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 148
  • Tetras and Borneo.jpg
    Tetras and Borneo.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 155
Last edited:
Where in Aus are you?

Hmm I thought so I'm looking at getting plants that may float on top but I'm not sure I like the messy look to it. Do you have any experience of floating plants? Ive had a look at hornwort, guppy grass, water sprite and still looking. I've updated my plant in the tank because the baby tears were not really what I wanted and the grass stuff that I had kept floating to the top and being annoying. Here's some pictures of my fish and plants :D

I put the plants in last night and some are right to the top of the water line. When I got up this morning I noticed little island of bubbles around the plant, is this normal? Should I fill up my tank a little more so it doesnt do this? Or is it good?

Bubbles are not a problem. As for floating plants, I do not have any tanks without floating plants, I consider them essential. They provide "shelter" for all fish either directly (some fish, esp fry, will spend most of their time among floating plants) or by providing some shade from the tank light. Fish "expect" something above them. Water Sprite is in my view the nicest floating plant.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back