Fiddler Crabs and African Dwarf Frogs?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

jubi13

Reaction score
My husband and I have African Dwarf Frogs in a freshwater tank. We saw a picture of an underwater dry zone for fiddler crabs and fell in love with it and talked to someone at the pet store about it. We've been ordering the perfect parts we need for weeks and finally got it out togetherast night only to find that Fiddler Crabs are supposed to be in brackish water! We are so disappointed because we were so excited! Is there any way to have fiddlers and ADFs together? (Or Fiddlers and freshwater fish in general...) I'm thinking putting just enough salt in the water so it's somewhere in between brackish and fresh?

IMO crabs should only be with others of their own species. They will catch and eat small fish, and I would think they will do the same with ADF. No frogs should ever be in water with salt mixed in, they are pretty sensitive to it. Sorry but I don't see this working out.

IMO crabs should only be with others of their own species. They will catch and eat small fish, and I would think they will do the same with ADF. No frogs should ever be in water with salt mixed in, they are pretty sensitive to it. Sorry but I don't see this working out.
That's what I figured. Thanks!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back