Fiddler Crab Pet Store Rant!

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Amyleax3

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
So I visited a Jacks Pets store in the next town from me to pick up a new male fiddler crab. They had theirs labeled Gold Claw Crabs and the guy decided to fight me and try not to sell it to me because I called it a fiddler crab and said that I keep them in brakish water. I tried to explain they they are the same thing and they need slightly salty water to thrive. He acted like I was a complete idiot and told me that they have had fiddler crabs in their salt water tanks before but these weren't the same. He then only sold me the crab when I said I would just go somewhere else's to purchase it. Another worker snapped at me "uh well they have been this way for the past 10 years we've sold them bla bla." The whole thing was just so rude! I know they' only know what the company tells them, but it's educating people incorrectly and so many little crabs aren't going to make it because of it :( this is the first time I've had someone treat me like that over my fiddlers and I just had to share.

Owww, I hate when they do this!
Fiddler crabs CAN survive in freshwater, but not for long.
These guys are stupid.
I once went to a fish store and told them about my (not anymore) sick betta.
They told me he most likely was sick due to having "too big of a tank".

Can you believe that?
I kept him in a 20 Gallon, filtered with low current, lots of plants.
I asked the same guy if the betta should be in a heated tank (I already knew the answer) and he said no!
Arrrrr I hate fish stores.

They're too busy trying to sell you stuff to actually give their employees propper information. It makes it even worse when they act like you're the stupid one!

Ive collapsed the crease pattern correctly, But the base looks nothing like a fiddler crab. Im not even sure which part becomes the shell. Can you help?

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back