Few Plants - Do I Need Additive?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Cantbesaved

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hey all! I just bought another plant for my tank, and I am wondering if I need to add plant nutrients. I have a load of fish in there, just wondering if the plants can live off what the fish waste gives off, or if I still need nutrient stuff. Will the nutrient stuff be safe for my tetras and Oto cats?

Thanks in advance :)

Anyone know at all? I would like to get some tomorrow after trade school, since it is on my way home. if I need it, what brands are good?

Thanks =)

it dpends on the lighting levels and also plant mass, if you have more plants, then there is more competition, better to add it, it wont do any harm to fishes.

it dpends on the lighting levels and also plant mass, if you have more plants, then there is more competition, better to add it, it wont do any harm to fishes.

Thanks much! I grabbed some =) I was unsure about which brand so I grabbed the LFS's brand. The common ingredient to all of them was iron, and this had a good amount. The Flourish one was 2nd on my list, but I was unsure, since one of the ingredients is Chlorine... I thought it may effect bacteria levels, so I went with the other one. I am sure the 1.2% it had in it won't harm a thing, but I just played it safe, since I couldnt post and wait for a reply in the store! :p

And for the record I have 1.5 watts per gallon (30 watt bulb, 20 gallons). In my sig, the 2 plants on then right are live, and I have another the same as the one in the rear on the right (Directly below the letter V), but it is brand new, and very small. The ones on the left are fake :)

I noticed the new one's roots are very tiny, so I wanted to make sure it had some supplement to help it grow properly so it did not die. :)

Most reactions

trending

Back