Female Rosy Barb, Fat And Slow?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

TrueNoob

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
my female rosy barb is staying at the bottom of the tank moving slowly breathing fairly normal and is a lil plump, wats wrong?

Can she maintain her balance in the water, try some shelled peas first, it might be constipation, what do you normally feed the fish.

Can she maintain her balance in the water, try some shelled peas first, it might be constipation, what do you normally feed the fish.
regular flakes and occasiionally some frozen shelled peas just incase they have to fart a bit, lol, she maintains balance and still swims around with the other fish, what if she is pregnant, how would it look?

- the male rosy barb is also following it around....

bumb, need urgent help, its swimming a bit wierder id have to say, wen it goes forward its body is not balanced its head goes a tad bit upwards

how do i get it to eat the peas if it does not want to eat it?

House hold salt will be fine, one tablespoon to five gal, so not any cory or plecs, or clown loaches they are scaless fish.
Well you can't make a fish eat, once they stop eating bad news.

how do i get it to eat the peas if it does not want to eat it?
well i just finished spending an hour crushing peas then force feeding the rosy, she didnt eat alot, is it reccomended that they eat alot? i wouldqa tried to feed her more but i wasnt holding her in my hand, i put her in a net full of crushed peas, and as she bit on the net to get out, she bit on some of the peas, she spit some out, but im sure she also swallowed some, should she be fine? the water also got cloudy from the crushed peas :/

im not to sure about 3 of my fish, they are small and all they day is clean algae off plants rocks and the glass. im not even sure of the name...

bump, same reply as above ^

well i just finished spending an hour crushing peas then force feeding the rosy, she didnt eat alot, is it reccomended that they eat alot? i wouldqa tried to feed her more but i wasnt holding her in my hand, i put her in a net full of crushed peas, and as she bit on the net to get out, she bit on some of the peas, she spit some out, but im sure she also swallowed some, should she be fine? the water also got cloudy from the crushed peas confused.gif

im not to sure about 3 of my fish, they are small and all they day is clean algae off plants rocks and the glass. im not even sure of the name..., do they have scales? (there very small)

PLEASE HELP!!!!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! EMERGENCY, PLEASE!! read the reply above!!

:( i think she is slowly passing away, and im getting no help.... :( PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN USE THE SALT, I CANT RISK 3 LIVES FOR 1 BUT I CANT LOSE 1 BECAUSE OF 3 !!!!!!!!!!!! those 3 fish are small and clean algae off the glass plants and rocks all day, there about the size of neons, please help..... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

:( i think she is slowly passing away, and im getting no help.... :( PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! I NEED TO KNOW IF I CAN USE THE SALT, I CANT RISK 3 LIVES FOR 1 BUT I CANT LOSE 1 BECAUSE OF 3 !!!!!!!!!!!! those 3 fish are small and clean algae off the glass plants and rocks all day, there about the size of neons, please help..... :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

They sound like otos- they shouldn't really have salt, though a small temporary medicinal amount might not hurt them- I would use this is one of the otos was ill itself, but would not risk healthy fish to save one that already seems far gone. If she is that bad, it is very likely that the salt would not have saved her. Still, you could try a temporary salt bath in a separate container for her (use old tank water and add an airstone if you can).

They sound like otos- they shouldn't really have salt, though a small temporary medicinal amount might not hurt them- I would use this is one of the otos was ill itself, but would not risk healthy fish to save one that already seems far gone. If she is that bad, it is very likely that the salt would not have saved her. Still, you could try a temporary salt bath in a separate container for her (use old tank water and add an airstone if you can).

its to late, she passed away.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back