Female Betta fin rot? Or just damaged?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Mist

Reaction score
Had this betta for 2 days now and still looks on a bad shape any ideas here's a picture too thx
WP_20170513_20_57_32_Pro.jpg

Separate it from any other fish, perhaps in a breeder basket in the main tank. There's obvious stress lines and she does look rather thin. They're in a sorority yes? Always separate out the bullied bettas and give them some TLC and extra food. Hopefully you should be able to re-introduce her after a week or so of extra care.

If you don't have a decent sized breeder basket, I suggest you get one. They are super useful for betta sororities, whether you're introducing new girls are trying to get one to heal up. A spare tank would probably be a wise choice too, as some girls just can't play nice and need to be removed from the sorority.

As for her fins, I'm thinking it's just damage, might be a tiny bit of fin rot setting it, so do some extra water changes and get her eating.

Going out after college and getting a new spare tank for this fish and i may get some aquarium salt just in case the fin gets worse thankyou for your help much appreciated

Do not add salt you dont need it, all you need is clean water.

Aquarium salt isn't all that great, and Nick is right, clean water is the best for this fish. A few tears can be easily mended with time and warm+clean water.

Ok thanks guys I'm going to set up the new tank and leave it for a bit and then add the fish in to this. It has eaten today but fin seems to be going clear? I hopeit'll make it water is very clean also doing small changes each day thankyou

If the edges of the damaged fin is clear that means it is healing. Keep her eating and keep doing frequent water changes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back