Female Betta Bubbles

VulcanNinja

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Just got a female betta yesterday, and she's blowing bubbles already! I know that bettas blow bubbles when they are happy, but do females do it more often than males??

No, I'm not an expert oin betta (yet) :shifty: but i got my first breeding pair yesterday !! :D but i left them together (in their dixie cups) b/c i didnt have them in tanks until i got home today but the male had built a bubble nest already and this morning had released sperm !!! ??? :p i assume you know this but male bettas build a bubble nest and betta will blow bubbles for sheir enjoyment

Females blow bubble nests for the same reasons as males, not sure if they do it more per say. One reason, they are happy with their home, food, owner ect., or two, they are sick and need attention A.S.A.P. Your' girlie is most likely really happy with her new home. :)

Im also new in aquarium hobby.i tried breeding of bettas yesterday.my male was not making nest at that moment but female released her eggs on other side of divider and she was trying to make bubble nest for her eggs. She took some eggs and tried to make bubbles. But she can't do it for long time and when i remove barrier between them male ate all eggs. So i think females also showing sign that they are ready to breed. Dont know its right conclusion or not. But i think may be that one is possibility

I know that bettas blow bubbles when they are happy, but do females do it more often than males?

Are you sure its a female? Can you provide a photo of the fish.

I once had a Plakat " female" that made bubble nests that turned out to be a male.

Male bettas make bubble nests because they are sexually mature and ready to breed it has nothing to do with being happy.

Most reactions

trending

Back