Feeding dwarf gourami

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

NLindsey921

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I fed my gourami Abaddon some frozen brine shrimp with spirulina this morning. He seems to be eating fine. Every now and then, he takes a shrimp in his mouth and spits it right back out. Or he will take the shrimp and chew it a few times and spit it back out. Is there something wrong with my brine shrimp or is this just something they do.

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Tapatalk

I have had him for literally 24 hrs. He ate a few flakes yesterday but not very many. He was much more responsive to the brine shrimp today. I'm worrying because I've read that gouramis are prone to fish diseases if not careful and I just want to make sure I'm doing everything right. I don't want to kill him because of a stupid mistake.

Ok. I will try to calm down when it comes to him. I just know how quickly things can go wrong.

Ok. What flake food would you recommend.

Ok. I'll check it out and see what I can get.

What about bloodworms. I got some frozen version of them for my hermit crabs. Can I feed to Abaddon as well? And if so how often?

What about bloodworms. I got some frozen version of them for my hermit crabs. Can I feed to Abaddon as well? And if so how often?

bloodworms are the same as brine shrimp....they are a TREAT, they should not be the basis of a regular diet

a fish eating blood worms or brine shrimp as a regular diet, is like you eating potato chips or chocolate bars for all your meals....those are fine once in awhile as a snack....but it doesn't provide you with all the nutrition that you need

Ok I understand the treat concept. Is once a week ok or should it be more like once a month?

I agree with mikey. Blood worms and Brine shrimp should only be a treat. Prepared foods are better because they contain all the nutrition that the fish needs. I feed flakes every day and blood worms and brine shrimp every saturday.

Ok so once a week is fine?

This is just what I do. I end up really never feeding them once a week. It ends up being scattered around the month. But once a week is fine.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back