Feeding Betta

omega59

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
How can i get my Betta to eat the frozen Brine Shrimp (the ones in cubes). i break some into the water it just floats away.

How can i get my Betta to eat the frozen Brine Shrimp (the ones in cubes). i break some into the water it just floats away.
Firstly you need to let the frozen pieces thaw and to size them just right. Betta have stomachs that are just smaller than the size of their eye so its VERY easy to overfeed them and get them constipated.

Okay, once I get a tiny portion, how do I feed bc it just falls a part.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've trained my bettas to take food right off my finger. Even when I don't go for the finger method, the females still jump right up if they see my finger above the surface. Perhaps you could get your betta to eat the brine shrimp from your finger? So try making a tiny ball of the bits of brine shrimp and stick it to your finger. Hold it just above the water's surface and see if he takes it.

I use a small syringe, I cut a bit of brine shrimp off the block with a knife put it in the syringe then I suck up a bit of tank water and let the whole thing stand this way I make sure its thawed, Then I basically gently squirt the stuff into the tank, My Bettas quickly pick up all the bits. They even spend time scouring the bottom looking for bits they may have missed and any bits they do miss are pounced by my shrimp and snails.

Nice, I will try all these tips, thanks everyone.

I've trained my bettas to take food right off my finger. Even when I don't go for the finger method, the females still jump right up if they see my finger above the surface.

While this is fun it can also be dangerous, A Betta can jump about 5 inches. I lost a Betta to jumping for food on my finger the little bugger got so excited he jumped out of the tank and fell behind the stand the tank was on and I couldn't reach him.

If your Betta tank hasn't got a lid get one, or lover the water level in your tank by a few inches.

My spec v has a lid .I don't think I'll attempt that hand feeding. But he does come when I wave my hand at the top.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back