Feeder Guppies Crossing W Fancy Guppies

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Butch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Um I don't know if anyone have done with the feeder guppies cross with fancy guppies. What's their hybrids looks like? I want to produce more bigger feeders from this cross. What is their positive and negative from this outcome?

Feeder guppies are usually inbred small fancy's. Being inbred make's them very sub ceptable to diseases, and it make's them small. Plus they look more like wild guppies. They can breed. You will probably end up with bigger more colorful feeder guppies. Atleast, that's is what i got!

The size of the fish depends on the tail type, wild or round tail's, coffer tail, and swords are all small body types.

Crossing a feeder (wildish round tail) with a cultivated will resualt in small round tail fry, the next generation will then resualt in both larger body and small bodied fish.

You will not develop large bodied round tail fish unless you work at it setting 10+ tanks to select the fish and keep virgin females to put back with specially selected males this is how the cultavated lines was created and when you get the large body gene showing, it also expresses the large tail gene's as well.

Well, my female feeder guppy was pretty big to start out with, and i breed her with a fancy guppy, and, i got big pretty fry :D

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back