Fancy Goldfish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Not recommended, as goldfish prefer cooler water temps. Also they usually out grow most tropical community tanks.

5-26 you mean. 40 will kill them in an instance.

Hahaha sorry wasn't paying attention. Well if you wanted to have them for lunch that would work lol.

I would say in between 5C to 40C, give or take a few degrees I guess.

40C ? He doesn't want to cook them?

Goldfish should never be kept at temps higher than 22C,
although they really should be kept at cooler temps of 18C and below.

Goldfish should never be kept at temps higher than 22C,
although they really should be kept at cooler temps of 18C and below.

Depends what type of goldfish we're talking about.

Fancies are ideally kept between 18-22c.
Commons/comets are ideally kept sub 18c.

Also depends what size tank we're talking about - commons are not an aquarium fish regardless, and fancies eventually grow so large as to be a threat to most tropical communities. They'd either eat most of the other inhabitants or produce so much waste as to pollute the competition out of the way. ;)

Lol yeah they would'nt taste good.

They are just selectively bred carp If memory serves so put them on the old barby wouldn't be bad. although I would starve them for a few days first to make sure there digestive system is clear.

They are just selectively bred carp If memory serves so put them on the old barby wouldn't be bad. although I would starve them for a few days first to make sure there digestive system is clear.

Eww, yuck, have you ever seen the inside of one of these guys? Very fatty, not much proper 'meat' at all. :p

Can't say I disect my goldies often..... Perhaps your fish are fatties I have a lead and exercise mine regularly :S

Most reactions

trending

Back