F1 Hamilton Move

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ps3Steveo

Planted Experimentalist
Reaction score
What's everyone thinking of Hamiltons move to Mercedes? Did you catch the Japanese Grand Prix too? Perez, Hamiltons replacement tried taking him on the outside, couldn't stick it and spun off out of the race, lol shame ;). I'm a huge Hamilton fan BTW.

Hi.

Yep, I watched it. Another Hamilton fan here, also a McLaren fan so mixed feelings about Lewis' move. I want to support Lewis but I want McLaren to beat Merc' - what a dilemma ???? Hamilton's had some utterly cr*p luck this year (along with a couple of others too).

Clearly Perez was on a high and decided to prove McLaren's faith by passing Lewis', didn't work though. Hey ho. I have nothing against Perez though.

So, what about Grosjean then, yet another incident at the start instigated by him. Shame as he comes across as such a nice guy. Apparently that was number 7!!!

I am also a massive Kovalainen fan and thought given the excruciatingly slow pace of his car drove the socks off it today, fingers crossed he can get a better drive next season.

Typical though that two of my least favourite drivers are battling for the championship :<

Been a great season though, far better than last year when it was soooo boring with the same bloke winning every week *yawn*

Looking forward to seeing what the final driver line up will be for next year. Seriously hoping to get to one of the GPs as well. We live not too far from Silverstone, have relatives in the States so maybe the New Jersey race or considering incorporating Monaco within a holiday.

Sounds good, yeah Grosjean was another utter failure, wouldn't surprise me if he doesn't have a seat next year. Then again how many times has Maldonado taken out Hamilton this year? If Mclaren had been better with pit stops and Maldonado hadn't taken out Hamilton somany times I think he would be top right now and staying with Mclaren.

P.S. I don't think Grosjean has peripheral vision.

Yep, Hamilton would be right up there for sure. I so hope he does get another couple of championships in the next couple of years. Merc' are really going to have to pull the stops out though. Have to say Rosberg's had some bad luck this year too.

Did Grosjean cause so many accidents when he was driving a couple of years back? He was with Torro Rosso then if I recall.

Funny, I was never a Schumi fan first time round but I think I'm going to kind of miss him next year.

Hey, we get back to backs now so there's another GP next week, Korea, I think that's going to be another early wake up Sunday morning :) :grr:LOL

I hope Hamilton hasn't made a mistake.
it seems, now, the FIA may well junk the turbos for 2013.
if Hamilton got in a Merc TODAY, he'd finish where schumi and rosberg do now.

I wish him all the best, I'm a big fan.
I'm just wondering how big the hole is, he shot in his foot?

The turbo's were for 2014 I thought, plus he's a better driver than Schumi and Rosberg, I think he'll do fine, just wonder how long his contract is tho as webber has 1 more year so he could have gone to Redbull and showed
vettel up.

they were originally penned in for 2013, then delayed till 2014
the idea was to have 1600cc straight 4 engines.
but this meant the teams had to build a "space frame" because the engine could no longer act as a stressed member.
so the spec moved to V6.
now they say they "sound awful". which will put off the paying public ???? (which is odd, as the 80's turbo v6 sounded great. IMHO)
so they now look like they will never appear.
airo rules are based on the 2011 book.
but with concessions to cover the ugly "bumped Nose" some cars have developed.

and we shall see how he does.
but i will wager Perez finishes ahead of Hamilton next year, in the championship.

he has a three year deal, so no seat at RedBull then!
link

I personally think Hamilton is over rated and will come unstuck when he moves to Mercedes.

Had Schumacher been in the McLaren this season he would have put them all to shame.

Lol I don't think so, Hamilton is a naturally talented racer, no one gives anywhere near the commitment that he does to each race. :)

cant fault his commitment "for sure" as they say. Just lacks the talent! Stick him in an one of the lesser cars and see how he gets on, then again he doesn't do great in one of the best cars on the track. Can't see him doing any thing in the Merc.

And he will never get near 7 championship wins. :rolleyes:

I personally think Hamilton is over rated and will come unstuck when he moves to Mercedes.

Had Schumacher been in the McLaren this season he would have put them all to shame.

not sure hear, but i have a feeling you might be right.
so I'll say "I doubt he would have done any worse."

cant fault his commitment "for sure" as they say. Just lacks the talent! Stick him in an one of the lesser cars and see how he gets on, then again he doesn't do great in one of the best cars on the track. Can't see him doing any thing in the Merc.

And he will never get near 7 championship wins. :rolleyes:

nahh, cant agree with this.
he is one of the most talented drivers out there.
his dessication making is the bit that's lacking, both on and off the track.

if you want real talent on 4 wheels, take a look at Valentino Rossi.
he turned down the Ferrari seat when Barrichello left.
at the time he was 2/10's a lap slower than Schoomi. (Ferrari test track)

Ahh, what could have been.
:blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: sorry bit off track there. lol.

I cant agree more he aint called the doctor for nothing! Moto GP now thats a real sport with real talent...

Hamilton............ as said well over rated! tenth place to day.. may be he should take up landscape gardening given the amount of astro turf on his car lol.

Hamilton............ as said well over rated! tenth place to day.. may be he should take up landscape gardening given the amount of astro turf on his car lol.

He did well to finish 10th considering he drove over half the race with a rear anti-rollbar failure, until the astro turf wrapped around the barge board he was closing in on the two Toro Rosso cars.

IMO Hamilton has made a mistake and will not come close to winning the championship whilst driving for Mercedes.

For years I have been saying Fernando Alonso is the best driver in F1 and I still think he is :)

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back