External Filter Or Internal Filter

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

kashifmasud

Mostly New Member
Reaction score
Guys which filter would you recommend, External or Internal?
I have bioflow 3.0 comes with Juwel tank and external fluval 205 filter. So I am wondering which filter shall I use in my new tank? I heard external filters are more effective but since fluval 205 isn't new so I am thinking is it worth using?
Bioflow power consumption is low on a positive side..

I went for an external purely for the cosmetics, the tank looks much better without a big filter hanging off the side IMO.

Cheers,
Indy

I prefer external due to the cosmetics and also because of the extra media capacity

External for me too. Easier to clean than the internal, the tank looks nicer as the filter isn't in it and you get a bigger media capacity.

Externals for me, I'm a fluval fan 2x 306's & 1x406 easy to setup & maintain

Gotta go with externals, more flow, better filtration, more room in tank without internal filter and fairly easy to maintain.

External filter it is then, seems like it's the popular choice.

You won't regret getting a external filter, worth it every time. Make sure you have space in cabinet for it, they can be quite large.

i have one Juwel with the juwel internal still in and one with an external.

Honestly I know some people slate them here , but the Juwel internal works perfectly fine for me have never once had a problem and have only cleaned it out once in nearly a year. If you don't mind having the clunky looking box inside the tank and are not stupidly overstocked then they do a good job.

b3cca said:
i have one Juwel with the juwel internal still in and one with an external.

Honestly I know some people slate them here , but the Juwel internal works perfectly fine for me have never once had a problem and have only cleaned it out once in nearly a year. If you don't mind having the clunky looking box inside the tank and are not stupidly overstocked then they do a good job.

Internals are perfectly fine if you don't mind the clunky box look inside the tank. 

I actually still have my Fluval U2 filter, kept as spare, its does the job absolutely perfectly fine, access to filter media could not be easier.
Just the fact it took up swimming space inside the tank put me off but certainly won't slate people for having these. 

I prefer the internal, because you don't run the risk too flood your home by a leaking valve or tube :)

external all the way, i recently bought the ehiem classic 350, and the improvment of noise and clarity over my interpret internal filter still amazes me now.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back